Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question.

Truck makes a squealing noise from front of engine when I start it up in the morning. Only happens during the first start of the day. Sounds like it's comming from the belt and or pulleys. Any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated.

John

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
Yes its the belt tensioner and there is a TSB for it. It's a very common problem with this motor. I had mine replaced under the TSB and it ended coming back so I ignore it now, my only lasts for a few seconds .

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I'll bet it's a glazed serpentine belt.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Your may want to check the idler pulley as well, those are known to make noise once the bearing gets a little worn. Here are the Nissan part#'s if you want to go Genuine, or they probably can be crossed referenced by a local auto parts store to an aftermarket item:

Tensioner Assy - 11955-7S00A
Serpentine Belt - 11720-7S000
Idler Pulley - 11927-7S000

Good Luck!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

So this TSB, does that mean that Nissan are on the hook to fix it? Mentioned it to dealer but they said they couldn't find anything wrong. I'd like to get it fixed now as the factory warranty is up in about a month.

Thanks again, John

·
Registered
686 Posts
A tsb is not a recall which means that you have to pay for it if the truck is out of warranty. If you still have warranty have them get off their a$$es and find the tsb and do the work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts