Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2018 Titan SV RWD a little over 2 months ago. It only has 9k miles on it. I lifted it with 35’s and put on an after market exhaust. But a few weeks ago I started noticing a odd squeak almost like a chirp. It happens randomly when hitting imperfections in the road even just accelerating or coasting on the highway. I know it’s in the rear end. It’s driving me insane. I have jumped up and down In the bed and on the sides of the truck and can not replicate the sound. But when driving is very noticeable. Does anyone else have this issue or any idea what to do. I don’t want to spend a lot of money on a misdiagnosis that doesn’t solve the issue. Thank you for any input.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'd check the brackets for the exhaust and make sure they're all torqued down properly.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the truck back to the shop I had my exhaust done. They had mounted everything on rubber bushings and shook every part of the piping and hangers no noise. But I’m still suspicious of it. Since nothing in the suspension seems to be squeaking when rocking the truck. And it didn’t make that sound before the exhaust was put on. I’m also wondering if the ubolts and the lift blocks are loose since the blocks touch the leaf springs metal to metal. Could that be producing the squeak?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Get some silicone lubricant spray and treat the rubbing area and take it for a drive. If it makes no difference, move on.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Do you have a friend that can ride in the bed of the truck while you drive around a bit? Maybe at least identify a side or quadrant where the squeak is coming from, then focus on that area?

Might also try giving a shot of lubricating spray to the rubber grommets on the exhaust hangers as well as the rubber bushings on the rear swaybar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts