Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did search but couldnt find anything. :confused: I took vids and here is what it sounds like.

The 1st vid i was shaking the bed by top right corner.

The 2nd vid i was shaking the bed by the right corner of the bed.

Seems like the noise is coming from the middle right behind the cap. I was trying to shake it on the left side too but it didnt make any noise. ANy help would appreciate it, thanks guys!

·
Registered
234 Posts
i think thats what i have. everytime i go over a little bump it squeaks. Its so fing annoying. i wanna fix it, but i have no clue what it is. i deff will be watching to see what people post on here.

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
Mine is in the passenger shackle, hit with wd-40, it shows up every 4-6 months, hit it again.

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
SO ANNOYING! mine does this too. I noticed it only started after I pulled the boat one time.

·
Premium Member
21,317 Posts
Get under the rear of your truck from the bumper end. Find the axle. It's the thing the wheels are attached to. There are leaf springs above the axle just to the inside of the wheels. Follow the leaf springs as the bow upwards towards the rear of the truck. The shackle attaches the leaf springs to the frame.

Reactions: Chef Titan04

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It might be time for me to upgrade the shackles since they had a lot of miles on them.

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
Red arrow points to shackle, there is one in front of the axle and one behind it. Soak it good both sides. that should get rid of your squeek, if not. Get underneath and have someone else jump around in your truck until you track it down. My son helped me find mine.

Attachments

Reactions: Chef Titan04

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought a can of silicone lubricant and im going to spray the whole can on them :eyebrow:

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Check out the spare tire and muffler hanger too... Both my spare, muffler hanger and shackles used to squeak.

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
Yeah that is annoying... yours?? Noticed the radflo's, was it them or the shackle.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Yeah that is annoying... yours?? Noticed the radflo's, was it them or the shackle.
yea, they are mine. Its the radflo's. I've sprayed them to death and hoping they just need some time to break in cause they are new but they also move side to side making a banging noise when i hit bumps.

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
That suuucks man, have you tried anything thicker than a spray? Like oil or axle grease or something?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts