Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have this problem when no one is sitting in it? also the inside of my driver door has a nice rattle going on too. My '77 Vette i had in high school squeaked and rattled less than my yr old titan

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Normally, I would say just turn up the radio, but lately, my passenger seat has been squeaking louder than even I can stand to have the radio.... Time to visit the stealer for a tsb.......

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
My passenger seat doesnt' sqeek but my drivers seat does on rough pavement.

·
Registered
44 Posts
There is a technical service bulletin about squeaking seats. You can search the NHTSA database for details (there all listed on this site somewhere as well). Mine did it as well when I first got the truck. I tried a few shots of WD-40 but that didn't last. Then I tries a few drops of gun lube and have never had a problem again. I think the gun lube just bonds to the metal at the pivot points on the seat better.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Um.... :huh: if you noticed, that's the link that Nissan_Mike posted....

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
My passenger seat has started squeeking a bit...maybe it's because I'm spending more time on dirt roads now that summer is here. So far, it isn't loud enough to annoy me to the point of wanting to make a trip to the dealer for it. I might try the gun oil approach mentioned by jscott.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a squeaking passenger seat too.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
GrayB83 said:
I have a squeaking passenger seat too.
same here, dealer told me it was fixed but.. guess what.. its not...

·
Registered
834 Posts
The passenger seat doesn't squeak - yet, but it does shimmy & shake a bunch at certain idle speeds when no one is in it. Anyone have any ideas?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts