Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My passenger seat in my 2005 LE model squeaks going over every bump and its driving me nuts. There are TSBs for squeaky seats but not for the LE captain chair leather power seats. Anyone pinpoint the cause? It appears that lateral (side to side) movement is the cause and I wasnt sure if this is an easy fix or not.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
My 04 had the same problem. The seat would sway side to side about an inch each way and squeak over any little bump. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the seat brackets since it was "worn beyond repair" even though the seat was barely used. So if your under warranty take it in, they should be able to fix it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the seat would have been under the 3/36 warranty. My truck is out of that warranty period since it has 42K miles on it. Stinks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just got my truck back from the dealer yesterday for this same complaint. They replaced the whole passenger seat frame due to broken welds. They also replaced the whole leather driver's seat due to premature wear on the left bolster and a hole that developed above the seat controls from getting in and out.

The new leather looks much tougher, and the passenger seat does not wobble and squeak like it used to.

·
Registered
142 Posts
There is a TSB; mine was fixed under warranty, but they broke the plastic switch on the power seat controls, which I didn't notice until a few weeks later. i took it back to them, and they had to replace the whole bottom seat... cushion and all. almost $1,000 of warranty work if you can believe that... they said they just replaced the whole seat bottom.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
jtmvol said:
There is a TSB; mine was fixed under warranty, but they broke the plastic switch on the power seat controls, which I didn't notice until a few weeks later. i took it back to them, and they had to replace the whole bottom seat... cushion and all. almost $1,000 of warranty work if you can believe that... they said they just replaced the whole seat bottom.
Same thing happened to me! They broke the switch to where it would not stay "locked" in place to the seat frame. They replaced the whole seat bottom which made the seat mismatch since the newer bottom seemed better leather and was "tougher" than the seat back and then also broke the clip that holds the motor to the seat bottom which i didnt realize till months later. I think this is the TSB that was mentioned earlier. http://www.titantalk.com/forums/att...31-tsbs-pdf-format-ntb05-029.pdf?d=1117049869

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A stupid question...is a TSB something that is fixed for free if my truck is out of warranty?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Rugrat-- mine was all done under warranty. I only have 27k on the truck, but the day before the 36 months was up I went into the dealer with a list of items that needed to be corrected under warranty. I'm on my own now, but I think I got everything taken care of.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My passenger seat on my 07 cc le was squeaking like an old rocking chair with any lateral movement. The local dealer replaced a bar in the back portion of the seat near where it hinges and it seems to be fixed. Warranty covered, just a shade over 10k miles now......

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
had the same problem, lateral movement, fixed under warranty, came back within 1000 miles, went back to dealer, they "lubed the seat rails, and all is good now" didnt even make it out of the parking lot and it still squeaks, got an appointment next week....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did make it out of the parking lot without a squeak, but was alone. The first passenger after the "repair" revealed the issue was still there. Havent been back to the dealer yet. To be continued.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Went back to the dealer yesterday. This time the report was rivets that were loose. The rivets were replaced and the "seat secured" per the mechanic. The seat actually feels more solid. Time will tell.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mines does the same.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 crew cab Titan and my passenger seat squeeks pretty bad. It first only squeeked when someone would sit in it (no matter what they weighed) but recently it squeeks when nobody is in it and it drives me nuts!! It's under warranty and it seems that I will bring it in to the dealer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i fixed the seat in my 2005 titan crew cab le take the two rear seat track bolts out lift up back of seat place rubber or cardboard under the seat brackets. put bolts back in seat tracks no more squeeks.seat tracks are kind of wimpy tracks are rivited together this summer im going to weld mine.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
TSB's are only freebies if the vehicle is under warranty and has that problem, otherwise you have to pay to have it done. I had an alignment issue with my truck 06 SE, left front tire was wearing on the inside, actually was the right front that had the toe problem though. Told them to check the camber also and put in the kit for the TSB if needed, I didn't need it since camber was okay but I had to buy the bolts and kit because I wanted it for future camber issues if they arise. IF the truck needed it because of limited camber adjustment, the kit would have been free if it was under 12 K miles for alignment warranty, but since it was past the alignment part of the warranty I had to pay for it. So now at least when I go for an alignment, it will have the kit in the truck, no waiting for parts.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
bstephens said:
i fixed the seat in my 2005 titan crew cab le take the two rear seat track bolts out lift up back of seat place rubber or cardboard under the seat brackets. put bolts back in seat tracks no more squeeks.seat tracks are kind of wimpy tracks are rivited together this summer im going to weld mine.
got any pics? can you post them?? this sparks my intrest...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts