Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely love my Titan however I keep picking up new squeeks and rattles. I guess she will be going into the dealer soon. Let's hope they can fix them.

1) Panel on top of steering column. It is either rubbing on the clear panel covering over the gauges or is rubbing on top of the steering column. I put some rubber stoppers between this panel and the clear panel and this stopped most of the rattling but occasionally I still hear it.

2) The center dash panel rattles sometimes, usually I think it is on top of this panel where the tray is (or Navi if you have it).

3) On a road trip, the passenger side map light started rattling. I moved it around a bit and it stopped. Haven't heard it again since.

4) Passenger side of the dash started making a rattling sound. If I press on top, where the airbag is, the sound stops.

This has been a great truck so far, but these rattles get annoying very quick. Any suggestions? I am just a little nervous about the dealer tearing apart my dash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
I too am annoyed by the rattling. In particular, I have one loud one somewhere either on the driver side door panel (by the speaker) or lower dashboard. I can't figure it out. For now, I just simply blast my CD to ignore the rattle. But I will take it to the dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
739 Posts
TitanJAM said:
I too am annoyed by the rattling. In particular, I have one loud one somewhere either on the driver side door panel (by the speaker) or lower dashboard. I can't figure it out. For now, I just simply blast my CD to ignore the rattle. But I will take it to the dealer.
Born 03/03/04???? Did you pick up at the Factory?
:jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
keane said:
Born 03/03/04???? Did you pick up at the Factory?
:jester:
The DOB is the day I bought the Titan at the dealership. Should it be the manufacture date?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
739 Posts
TitanJAM said:
The DOB is the day I bought the Titan at the dealership. Should it be the manufacture date?
Ya, that is what everybody is posting. I will post mine that way when I get it. That date should be on the door sticker...it might show the month/year or the whole date. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
keane said:
Ya, that is what everybody is posting. I will post mine that way when I get it. That date should be on the door sticker...it might show the month/year or the whole date. :cheers:
Thanks, Keane! I will update my Titan's DOB. Goodluck on your buy. Negotiate as much as you can. I got mine about $2,550 below MSRP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Mine rattles in ALL of those same places and more. The rattles are literally driving me crazy. It's not like it's just a little rattle here and there. Honestly, I can deal with the radio reception problem better than the squeaks and rattles! Even my passenger map light, like yours. I'm soon (as soon as I have the time - feel like sending Nissan an invoice for my time since it shouldn't do it) going to go around and try to isolate the rattles and stop them with felt. Come on, Nissan... A Chevy squeaks and rattles. You're supposed to be above that!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
34,526 Posts
Guess I'm lucky, don't have this problem. The roads around here are bad too, potholes and ruts. If I were going to have squeeks and rattles, I'd sure have them, I think. :teethmast
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They must have put my dash together at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon. Really how hard is it to tighten things together correctly with pads between possible rattle areas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Speaker rattle

I noticed after 2 days that my front dash speaker (drivers side) rattles all the time. I felt around on it and its very loose, pops up in fact about 1/2 inch. I too am looking to have the dealer correct it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update...took to the dealer yesterday and they were able to fix the squeeks and rattles. I am once again completely happy with the Titan...at least until the next squeek :teethmast
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
I have about 900 miles on my Titan now. I don't have any rattles, but I do have one intermitten squeak coming from the right corner behind the steering wheel by the oil pressure gauge. That piece of plastic is rubbing the insulation behind it. To me it's no big deal. I just push on it when I notice it. Of couse if I get to many I'll take it up with the dealer.
I find myself looking for excuses to take it out for a drive. No more putting off Honey Doos!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AJfireman said:
I have about 900 miles on my Titan now. I don't have any rattles, but I do have one intermitten squeak coming from the right corner behind the steering wheel by the oil pressure gauge. That piece of plastic is rubbing the insulation behind it. To me it's no big deal. I just push on it when I notice it. Of couse if I get to many I'll take it up with the dealer.
I find myself looking for excuses to take it out for a drive. No more putting off Honey Doos!!
Most likely this is the same squeek I have had since about 100 miles. It was the piece that butts up against the clear panel covering the gauges. The dealer fixed that one easily. It will most likely get worse and more persistant over time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
dman - what did they do to fix your problems? Install felt pads, tighten fasteners, etc? I have the same noises in all the same places and would love to get it checked out, if its worth the trip to the dealer...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
althepa said:
dman - what did they do to fix your problems? Install felt pads, tighten fasteners, etc? I have the same noises in all the same places and would love to get it checked out, if its worth the trip to the dealer...
To be honest, I don't know what they did to fix them. I think the one around the gauge cluster was probably the easiest for them to fix though. They mentioned something about a loose air conditioning duct for the knocking/rattle on the passenger side of the dash though. However, that rattle is now back. The thing that gets me most irritated is the fact that it doesn't do it all the time, just occassionally.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
dman said:
The thing that gets me most irritated is the fact that it doesn't do it all the time, just occassionally.
Yep, mine are intermittent as well - which reduces the chance of a first-time success in taking it to the dealer. And I'd hate to waste a half-day going to see those fine people for nothing...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
I've got just over 3K miles on mine, and it's still tight as a tank...no squeaks or rattles, born on 12/22/03...this weirds me out when I hear about things for the problem list, since I don't have any of the list plaguing mine yet...time will tell! :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
I had both the jammed window problem and rattly dash problem. I took it to the dealer and they said that the dash was not installed correctly. One of the bolts on the passenger side was improperly mounted causing the problem. I've had it back for 3 weeks now and no rattle.

Shawn
Red Brawn CC SE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
dman said:
I absolutely love my Titan however I keep picking up new squeeks and rattles. I guess she will be going into the dealer soon. Let's hope they can fix them.

1) Panel on top of steering column. It is either rubbing on the clear panel covering over the gauges or is rubbing on top of the steering column. I put some rubber stoppers between this panel and the clear panel and this stopped most of the rattling but occasionally I still hear it.
Funny, mine was squeeks/rattles free until this morning when I hear the squeek from the mentioned above area. I can easily make it squeek by pussing on the right hand side panel where it meets the clear panel. I expect to hear the squeeks and rattles in the cold weather, not when it's warmer :rolleyes:
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top