Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my friend with the supercharged SRT-8 Jeep was out representing SRT's Saturday. I didn't get that 12 second slip yet but my trap speeds are really strong. 84-85 mph with a best of 85.54mph in the 1/8mile, and 105-106mph with a best of 106.80mph in the 1/4 mile. Best time of the day was the first pass again [email protected] 1.96 60ft yet again but this time I spun comming out of the hole. DA for that pass was 1465 feet. I know my truck has atleast a 12.7 in it if I can just get some damn traction. I'm pretty much trapping 107mph ffs! When my friends SRT Jeep was boltons all motor he was 12.7-12.8 and trapping only 104mph he said. I don't know why my first pass is always my best now, I think I'm not cooling down long enough. I did allot of heat soaked hotlap runs to try and get my 60ft's down but no help.

Had allot of traction issues even when taking the drag radials psi way under what they are reccomended at. I tried everything from 12-18 psi, water and no water burnouts and still break them loose. I have to roll out a bit before going WOT, I put them down to 12psi and tried launching hard and spun to a 2.23 60ft and had to let off. I even had some traction issues when second gear hits. It was usually giving a nice big chirp going into second, but twice it hit second so hard I blew the tires out like a rolling burnout, squeezed my buttcheeks on that haha! Track prep was really just sad, I was watching guys with slicks spin like damn street tires. And the street tires guys were having to launch so slow to keep from spinning. I watched a 400hp Caddy CTS-V run 14's all day long guys, like the best time I seen him run was 14.4 no bs. I kinda wanted to race him so I could brag about destroying a CTS-V on here but it really wouldn't have even been a race. I don't think he even got close to 13's and this car is supposed to be faster then the Challenger SRT-8 and the GTO. My buddy was running [email protected] but he was having to launch off idle with no boost cause even if he built up a few pounds it would spin hard. I even had him drive my truck so I could video and see for myself how bad my drag radials were spinning. The truck was hotlapped and heatsoaked pretty bad by now so I kinda knew he wasn't gonna hit 12's but I'm glad I got this vid. This is how much I spun on my 13.05 pass comming out of the hole, and he said he launched at low rpm like 1200rpm and rolled onto the throttle. His 60ft was 1.95 compared to my 1.96 on the 13.0 pass. But this amount of wheel spin is nothing compared to what it does with a hard launch.

I'm just gonna have to wait for that 12 second timeslip, I'm gonna give the truck a rest from the dragstrip probably till next year cause I'm tired of seeing rubber all over the side of my truck just to run the closest I could possibly get to 12's while still not hitting it. I'm tired of driving 200 miles for a poorly prepped track, the only reason I even had fun was because my friend was with me. Honestly if I knew the track prep was gonna be that bad I wouldn't have gone, the abuse I put my truck through wasn't worth it. It's a damn strong truck though, everything held up better then I expected it to. I thought with the amount I was beating on it and how much traction issues I was having I was gonna snap something in the rear end, but it takes everything I throw at it so it's going back to being a garage queen till I put the next round of mods in. I'm gonna get my race fix from my 302 isuzu pup for a while, I can abuse the Ratsuzu and not feel the least bit guilty or worried.

Sorry for the rant, enjoy the video guys, it's the last one I'm putting up of my SRT till next year.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Nice Run! Thank's for sharing! :)

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
You can't get much closer to 12's than that! You've got a 12 sec truck there, just need some traction! :)

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
sweet man it sucks when the track isnt prepped! i hate that "un satisfied" feeling

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol I know right, don't get much closer than that.

you know what they call that huh? a c**t hair , lol

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Or a CH... for short. LMAO!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet man it sucks when the track isnt prepped! i hate that "un satisfied" feeling
Yeah man I hear ya. I'm cool with it though, but it would be nice to actually run the time you know. My trap speeds are good for mid 12's and all my best trap speeds are from the passes with the least amount of wheel spin so it's not like a have an untrue trap that's only high cause of wheel spin. The times I spun really hard I had to let off and get back on it again and was still running pretty damn fast lol. The slowest I ran was a 2.23 60ft I let off once during the 60ft from too much wheel spin and I peddled it when 2nd spun too hard. Still ran a [email protected]

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
You should give up on DR's then old chap. Put you a 10'' wide slick on there, like a Hoosier or M/T and be done with it. Don't be afraid of rubber either. A little coating of WD40 keepsit from sticking. If you ain't breaking anything, you ain't going fast enough, that's what I've always been told. With slicks, you should get your time dude.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Eh don't feel too bad. you'll get your 12 sec pass in Hawaii long before i ever get my 13 second pass at Fontana. lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
When the time comes to get new DR's, you should consider M/T's. Very sticky even on the street on my GT500. I could go wot in first gear at 3500 rpm and no spin. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I really think track prep had a big role in my traction issues. I went to the dragstrip a couple weeks ago aswell and I wasn't chirping 2nd gear at all then. And if you listen in the video you can hear me rip 2nd gear pretty good. It's two completely different auto clubs that run the regular points races and the outlaws. The points races is known for always having better track prep cause they have 6 second cars making passes, but you have to wait to run in between brackets and they tend to not care about guys that aren't in the bracket racing. The outlaws they let you run as much as you want but the track prep isn't nearly as well. I have heard they were getting better prep now days but I guess it's still not good enough.

If I go slicks I gotta cryo my spiders just to be safe.

Was talking to my buddy again tonight about the races and he convinced me that we should hit up the track later this year again. So looks like maybe Nov-Dec we will go again. I'll have a 170 t-stat and e-fans to help the cool down and maybe some cutouts. I'm also gonna try actually cooling down 2-3 hours instead. I was only cooling down liquids like my oil temps this time around but the actuall hardware was heat soaked. I suspect that's the reason I can't improve on my first passes which weren't that great anyways.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Yeah, I would love to run on a dragstrip with good track prep. I was honestly suprised how much I was breaking the tires loose cause all the SRT-10 guys were raving about these drag radials and how well they hook. The bolt ons QC's are cutting 1.7-1.8 60ft's with them and some RC's are cutting 1.6's with them. But I couldn't get better then a 1.96, and that was with tire spin comming out the hole before hooking. I know I'm loosing alot of e.t. in the 60' but the positive thing is my traps are looking good. I'm trapping 84-85+mph in the 1/8th and my Titan used to trap 88-89 in the 1/4 lol. My top end was slowing down a little cause the tires psi was so low. Maybe with more air in them I coulda trapped even faster. With the tire psi at 12 I was trapping 103-104mph, and with them at 16psi I was back up trapping 105-106 mph. I almost broke into the 107's but I need to hook with the tires not being so low on psi for that. I guess it's not bad for 1465 foot DA and so much hotlapping, but you know were never satisfied with what we run. The next drag tires I get are gonna be full slicks though, tired of fukin around already. Gonna have to cryo the gears for when I do finally hook though.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
What kind of DR's do you run?

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
What kind of DR's do you run?
I'm running M/H Racemaster 390's, they are pretty damn wide. Here's the specs.

(g) 390/40R17

You got a pretty nice 60', especially for a bolt ons Titan, how you like those et streets?

Your SRT is sick bro! I wish the Titan performed like that... :)
Thanks man! It's definitly on a whole different level performance wise, 505 cubes goes a long way lol. In pre production of the original Viper engine they were gonna make it DOHC, that woulda been crazy.

My Titan was a very good bracket racer in 4hi. Heat soak didn't affect my Titan very much, I did a bunch of back to back 15.3 runs with my Titan and all were within a few hundreths of eachother. It ran super consistant in 4hi.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kinda off topic, but all my buddies are in this section :) but I did set a personal record on the bench today.

Moving up in weight on my way to my max, this was 405lbs. Felt pretty light.

This was the highest I went up to today, 435lbs, I think I coulda did 445 no problem cause I felt strong today but my shoulder was sore before I started lifting today so I didn't want to get too greedy and hurt myself.

·
Premium Member
76,992 Posts
Kinda off topic, but all my buddies are in this section :) but I did set a personal record on the bench today.

Moving up in weight on my way to my max, this was 405lbs. Felt pretty light.

YouTube - ‪Bench press‬‏

This was the highest I went up to today, 435lbs, I think I coulda did 445 no problem cause I felt strong today but my shoulder was sore before I started lifting today so I didn't want to get too greedy and hurt myself.

YouTube - ‪New personal best‬‏
Ah, hitting some PRs. Nothing like it. Before I got busy with family life I hit the 400/500/600 club. :thumbsup: Lift smart. Stay strong. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts