Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry to keep bothering everyone regarding subs, but I see a lot of you on here are running the SRX and wanted to get your input on how much you really like that sub?

I have a dual ported front firing sub box from Tech with 2 RE SE subs running to them. How do the SR compare to the SE? I know the SE is more powerful and the SR is much cheaper, but do the SR sound better in the box listed above over the SEx?

I feel like the SE tends to sound a little weird when the volume is turned up and tend to struggle and lost its crisp, and fades a bit. Please share, I wan' new subs badly, but wanted to get some feed back on the SR's.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I have one RE SR in a 1.25 cf box sealed and it sounds damn good!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm sorry to keep bothering everyone regarding subs, but I see a lot of you on here are running the SRX and wanted to get your input on how much you really like that sub?

I have a dual ported front firing sub box from Tech with 2 RE SE subs running to them. How do the SR compare to the SE? I know the SE is more powerful and the SR is much cheaper, but do the SR sound better in the box listed above over the SEx?

I feel like the SE tends to sound a little weird when the volume is turned up and tend to struggle and lost its crisp, and fades a bit. Please share, I wan' new subs badly, but wanted to get some feed back on the SR's.
i had two SE'xs forward firing also and wasnt to happy with them, the rubber surround ripped on mine after about three months of use and i upgraded to the SX'x and i am very happy with these they have a crisp sound even when turned up i did notice that some in my SExs they are a bit expensive but worth it. i still wish i wouldve went with my original plan and did two L5 or L7 10s i have one L5 in a ported box in my yota and it hits harder then my two 10s in the titan i hit 149db with one kicker on a 1000w amp

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had two SE'xs forward firing also and wasnt to happy with them, the rubber surround ripped on mine after about three months of use and i upgraded to the SX'x and i am very happy with these they have a crisp sound even when turned up i did notice that some in my SExs they are a bit expensive but worth it. i still wish i wouldve went with my original plan and did two L5 or L7 10s i have one L5 in a ported box in my yota and it hits harder then my two 10s in the titan i hit 149db with one kicker on a 1000w amp
The SX'x fits inside the front firing box? Is it the same that Tech makes? I have a single 10" MTX in a ported box inside my SUV and that thing SLAAAAMS, you can hear that thing from blocks away, you couldn't believe it was a single 10". It blows away my 2 10's in my Titan. Which frustrates me a lot, you spent so much money and just can't get that sound you were hoping for.

I think it has a lot to do with the box size, my MTX is in a bigger box with a bigger vent, so I think that's why its so much louder and cleaner. I don't think I'll ever get the sound I want inside my Titan, hard to do it without altering the interior. I'm so tempted to rip out the center console in my front seats and have a custon box installed there.

I'm just not getting that sound I want out of my Titan. I might just go out an buy a single 10" ported box and just leave it on the floor of my truck.

·
Registered
323 Posts
thats the same boat im in i was expecting alot more bass and sound quality out of the ff with SExs alot of people said it slammed and tech said they would blow you away but i am not impressed for the price i paid and the SXxs definatley are worth the extra money i have them currently running off of the sundown 1500v2 and run to 2ohms each which drop em down to 1ohm when connected to the sundown. yes the SXxs fit in my box with no modification. i was thinking of building a box for one or two slim line 10"s or 12"s for behind the rear seats but i can be heard know from a few blocks away so im happy with that

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats the same boat im in i was expecting alot more bass and sound quality out of the ff with SExs alot of people said it slammed and tech said they would blow you away but i am not impressed for the price i paid and the SXxs definatley are worth the extra money i have them currently running off of the sundown 1500v2 and run to 2ohms each which drop em down to 1ohm when connected to the sundown. yes the SXxs fit in my box with no modification. i was thinking of building a box for one or two slim line 10"s or 12"s for behind the rear seats but i can be heard know from a few blocks away so im happy with that
Glad that your happy with the SXx's, I would love to do the same thing, but my budget is way low right now. Buying a pair of SXx's and a new amp to power them would cost me way more than I have right now. I'm thinking of just selling the box and subs and just buying another MTX sub in a sledgehammer box and just have it sitting on the floor. The wife is getting tired of me spending money on it already..lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts