Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it hit me again.... :bangit: SSHHHHAAAKKKINNGGG!!!

Now I'm about 3 months past warranty and according to Nissan, I'm S.O.L.

The dealer and Nissan has offered a discount on the job, but I told them to "shove it"

Why should I replace the defective product with the exact same parts... only to go through with this again a year from now... only I get the bill every time!

This is not right that a vehicle of this magnitude and price, should need two brake jobs in the first 30,000 miles of it's life.

Is there a class action lawsuit out there anywhere?

As far as I'm concern this will most likely be my last Nissan vehicle I ever purchase... It's just one thing after another...

And this is a slap in the face!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. Just get some good aftermarket brakes and rotors, and you should have no more problems.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
It's a known fact that Nissan Had some brake issues with early models but provided a fix and folks that got the fix has had good results. Like titan Lou said, get some good aftermarket ones and call it good. No one knows what your driving habits are and if your hard on your brakes. It I towed heavy loads all the time and rode my breaks, I would need a brake Job before 30k. If brake shudder had got you all fired up then I feel bad for you when you get one from the big "3". I dont see how brake judder is a SLAP in the face and get you all fired up. Good luck to you and I hope you get your truck issues resolved. Can't blame Nissan Because your out of warranty. If your Transmission died out of warranty would you want to sue them for that too?

·
Super Moderator
162,263 Posts
I was under the impression that the warranty extended on the rotors after they were replaced? Maybe NissanMike can enlighten. IIRC, he's chimed in on this before. I think so have one or two of the Mods.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AF-Medic said:
It's a known fact that Nissan Had some brake issues with early models but provided a fix and folks that got the fix has had good results. Like titan Lou said, get some good aftermarket ones and call it good. No one knows what your driving habits are and if your hard on your brakes. It I towed heavy loads all the time and rode my breaks, I would need a brake Job before 30k. If brake shudder had got you all fired up then I feel bad for you when you get one from the big "3". I dont see how brake judder is a SLAP in the face and get you all fired up. Good luck to you and I hope you get your truck issues resolved. Can't blame Nissan Because your out of warranty. If your Transmission died out of warranty would you want to sue them for that too?

Don't get me wrong. I know I'm SOL because of the warranty being up... But my big BEEF is that Nissan apparently has not solved the problem with defective brake parts... Even after the recall...And yet they want me to buy [email protected] equipment.

My driving habits are impeccable. Never brake hard, ride brakes... I haven't even towed anything other than a 12foot aluminum boat which is like 300 pounds with the motor.

My friend, this is for anyone out there considering buying Nissan brake parts for the Titan... STAY AWAY ... GO AFTER MARKET... Unless you want to spend $700+ every year and a half.

That's my problem... Nissan treats the customer like an idiot.:smoke:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
So are you having the problems with the updated rotors that came out? or when they replaced them before did they use the old style rotors still?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
spoonman said:
So are you having the problems with the updated rotors that came out? or when they replaced them before did they use the old style rotors still?
These are the updated parts that were "THE FIX"

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AF-Medic said:
And by the way, I went back to the dealer to pick up the truck, and the service guy agrees with me on this, but his hands are tied "SO HE SAYS". He also inspected the rotors and actually found that they are damaging the pads as well. Nice huh! So what kind of crap is Nissan selling here... Apparently I'm not the only guy in this position... Check other posts.

·
Registered
179 Posts
hey dont feel bad. Same **** happened to me. Had them repair the first time @ 15k. The second time they went out I was too busy with work. Went in there @ 44k telling them the same problem was back. Go the shakes & the groaning. Apparently Nissan only repairs the shakes 1 time. Then they'll repair that groaning problem. Well my 5yr 100k warranty was a waste of my $$ since all my problems weren't covered. They offered to repair my brakes for $300! Bit of an insult to me. I payed $550, got great brakes and did the work myself. Barely getting 15k out of brakes is bs. Oh well.. Still love my truck.

Mike

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
The so called "brake fix" was a upgrade but not the real fix. My first "fix" lasted less than 10k. It was better than the orriginal but not the brakes that should be on a truck boasting a 9400# towing capacity. The real brakes are now on the 08 Titans. Took Nissan 4 years to get it right. Brakes on new 08 are so big, they had to go with 20 inch wheels just to fit those bad boys in. Same truck, same performance, same towing numbers, why the change to massive brakes? They changed because the orriginal or the upgraded brakes were never right for the Titan. I would like to upgrade to the new 08 for my 04 Titan but I bet it is almost impossible due to the changes.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
It took them 4 times to get my brakes fixed correctly but once they did I haven't had any problems since. It didn't cost me a dime to get them done either. I have a warranty on my brakes until I hit 120K miles thanks to Nissan adding 20K miles to the warranty every time they fixed them. Not sure why you would be out of warranty at only 30K.

Sounds to me like you need to find another dealer.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
giuseppe said:
I thought the original warranty extension was 36000 miles and not 36 months. To be honest, after market rotors are not that expensive and should resolve the problem.

Reference: WB/05-011 Date: March 16, 2005

TO: Dealer Principal, Service Manager, Service Advisors and Claims Administrator

SUBJECT: Warranty extension for “brake judder” condition involving model year 2004 and 2005 Titan and Armada vehicles.

AFFECTED VEHICLES:

All 2004 and 2005 model year Nissan Titan vehicles.

All 2004 and 2005 model year Nissan Armada vehicles.

Nissan has developed new brake parts, including pads, rotors, and floating shims, that will be very effective in the repair of 2004 and 2005 Titan and Armada vehicles that experience “brake judder.” These parts will also be very effective in the repair of vehicles which may have experienced the incident after an initial repair. Nissan is presently working with its suppliers to expedite the availability of these parts for use in the repair of customers’ vehicles, but the initial availability of these parts is extremely limited. Significantly greater availability is expected to occur during May, with increasing availability thereafter.

In order to ensure that all 2004 and 2005 Titan and Armada customers are ultimately able to obtain the new parts if needed for their vehicles, Nissan is extending the warranty on these vehicles for “brake judder” to 36 months/unlimited mileage from the original in service date. All other terms, conditions and limitations of the Nissan New Vehicle Limited Warranty will apply to this extended coverage. Nissan will begin mailing notices to all owners of 2004 and 2005 Titan and Armada vehicles during May of this year as parts availability increases. In the notification letter, Nissan will advise owners that the limited warranty on these vehicles is extended as it pertains to repair of a “brake judder” condition only, and that Nissan will correct the condition if it should occur at no charge to the owner throughout the extended coverage period. Sample copies of the letters will be made available to Nissan dealers prior to the mailing.

As this warranty extension is effective immediately, dealers should continue to repair all customers’ vehicles which experience the incident using the most current applicable Nissan repair procedure. For vehicles built before June 30, 2004, the correct repair is set out in Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) NTB04-066b. For vehicles built after that date consult the appropriate Nissan Service Manual. When the new parts become generally available Nissan will issue a new TSB setting out the proper procedures for making repairs with the new pads, shims, and rotors.

This warranty extension will ensure that customers continue to receive a timely and appropriate repair of their vehicles throughout the transition of production and increase in availability of the new parts. It will also ensure that any customer who may experience a recurrence of the incident after receiving a repair using the presently available parts and procedures will still be well within warranty and able to obtain the new parts as production and availability increases.

WB/05-011

The attached warranty statements include necessary owner information concerning this warranty extension. In accordance with applicable state and Federal law, customers purchasing new vehicles to which this warranty extension applies should be provided with a legible photocopy of the applicable statement along with their Warranty Information Booklets and Owner’s Manuals at the time of purchase.

No special claims coding is required in conjunction with this warranty extension.

ASSURANCE PRODUCTS DEPARTMENT

Attachments

2005 Nissan Armada
New Vehicle Limited Warranty Extension

Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) hereby extends the coverage of the Nissan New Vehicle Limited Warranty on 2005 model year Nissan Armada vehicles as described below:

§ WHAT IS COVERED: If your vehicle exhibits brake vibration or “judder” when stopping and this condition is verified by your Nissan dealership, the condition will be repaired by Nissan at no cost to you for the repair throughout the extended warranty period.

§ HOW LONG IS THE EXTENSION: Coverage is extended to 36 months/unlimited miles from the date the vehicle was delivered to the first retail buyer or put into use, whichever is earlier.

All other terms, conditions and limitations of the 2005 Nissan New Vehicle Warranty apply to this extension. (See the 2005 Nissan Warranty Information Booklet for details.)

NNA WB/05-011
3/16/05

·
Registered
841 Posts
are you sure they replaced the parts, or just turned your rotors? The first time they did it with mine it came back 2 weeks later even worse. I couldn't even describe how pissed i was because it almost made me cause an accident on I4 in Orlando.

I complained and dealer said they couldn't do anything so I called corporate. Full new replacements less than a week later. It's been good since.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bigjimbo said:
are you sure they replaced the parts, or just turned your rotors? The first time they did it with mine it came back 2 weeks later even worse. I couldn't even describe how pissed i was because it almost made me cause an accident on I4 in Orlando.

I complained and dealer said they couldn't do anything so I called corporate. Full new replacements less than a week later. It's been good since.
I had my rotors turned 4 times and on the 5th. they said it couldn't be done cuz there was no disc left to machine... That's when they the recall had ironically showed up in the mail.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
TallTexan said:
The so called "brake fix" was a upgrade but not the real fix. My first "fix" lasted less than 10k. It was better than the orriginal but not the brakes that should be on a truck boasting a 9400# towing capacity. The real brakes are now on the 08 Titans. Took Nissan 4 years to get it right. Brakes on new 08 are so big, they had to go with 20 inch wheels just to fit those bad boys in. Same truck, same performance, same towing numbers, why the change to massive brakes? They changed because the orriginal or the upgraded brakes were never right for the Titan. I would like to upgrade to the new 08 for my 04 Titan but I bet it is almost impossible due to the changes.
The new brakes on the '08 Titan only requires their 18" rims. The 20" rims are only on select Titans, the LE I think.

My replacement rotors, pads, etc. have been great, for over 40K miles. I brake a lot too as I drive very twisty country roads, with many posted 15 mph curves and a couple of 10 mph ones. So a lot of 55 mph with hard braking for all of the curves.

One thing that I did right behind the dealership, after the replacement, was to bed my brakes. I figured some of the techs might not be doing it, or doing a half hearted job. Once the brakes are used without bedding, the rotors can be damaged permanently and will eventually have warping, (judder).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NorCal 4x4 said:
The new brakes on the '08 Titan only requires their 18" rims. The 20" rims are only on select Titans, the LE I think.

My replacement rotors, pads, etc. have been great, for over 40K miles. I brake a lot too as I drive very twisty country roads, with many posted 15 mph curves and a couple of 10 mph ones. So a lot of 55 mph with hard braking for all of the curves.

One thing that I did right behind the dealership, after the replacement, was to bed my brakes. I figured some of the techs might not be doing it, or doing a half hearted job. Once the brakes are used without bedding, the rotors can be damaged permanently and will eventually have warping, (judder).
What is the "BEDDING" procedure you speak of?

·
Registered
515 Posts
giuseppe said:

The dealer and Nissan has offered a discount on the job, but I told them to "shove it"

Why should I replace the defective product with the exact same parts... only to go through with this again a year from now... only I get the bill every time!

This is not right that a vehicle of this magnitude and price, should need two brake jobs in the first 30,000 miles of it's life.

Is there a class action lawsuit out there anywhere?

As far as I'm concern this will most likely be my last Nissan vehicle I ever purchase... It's just one thing after another...

And this is a slap in the face!

whoa that sucks man...I'm in Abbotsford and i've had NO PROBS with the deal at the Automall...maybe take it there?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts