Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys hang with me on this one. I really like diesel power so i tend to read up on most things diesel. Well as I'm sure most of you know in diesel trucks you can stack chips to get more hp. My question is can you do this with the Titan. Right now i am Uprev tuned with osiris which I'm reasonably impressed with. I was wondering though if there was any way to stack Uprev's tuning with another programmer, say a superchip. I know the answer to this is probably no, but i am young and curious so i came to the place where i knew the answer could be found! Thank you..

·
Registered
745 Posts
No... In diesels your not really stacking chips per say. You adding chips to do different things, where as the programmer for the Titan do it all in one.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I kinda figured that was what the deal was but i do not have a complete understanding of the Titan ECU like i need to. I will start working on that.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I want to get rid of my stack. The p-back interferes with the Uprev tune. Whenever you tune the ecu, you have to accommodate the p-back.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Qship, what do you mean by the piggyback interferring? I have the piggy and want to use BD or HT on the "stock" tune to achieve WOT. Do you have the uprev stage 0 tune?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I want to get rid of my stack. The p-back interferes with the Uprev tune. Whenever you tune the ecu, you have to accommodate the p-back.
would you be able to use the new Uprev user tuning to find out what stillen has programmed, then copy it. then you could remove the piggy back and copy the files into a rom using uprevs software. I think it could be done. Im not sure about the second injectors on the stillen setup, but you can adjust that stuff in the program. I dont know why stillen doesnt just change the stock injectors to larger ones. Then you could toss that piggyback now

·
Registered
517 Posts
Lead, i have no idea why they would have done the secondary injectors and tuned around that. They supply them, so why not tune around larger replacements. There is the cost of the injectors being supplied, so there would be no difference, and actually should be cheaper because the lack of the fuel rails and lines needed also. I know Uprev can and will get rid of the piggy and secondary injectors by using the larger injectors, upgraded fuel pump and stock retuned ECU. However they want $1500-1900 to do it, and i sure dont have the coin for that.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Qship, what do you mean by the piggyback interferring? I have the piggy and want to use BD or HT on the "stock" tune to achieve WOT. Do you have the uprev stage 0 tune?
That was a poor choice of words. When I tune my ecu, I have to look at the logs to see how much fuel the p-back is having the secondary injectors dump. I also have to check the timing as determined by the p-back and make the adjustments accordingly.

I have a few Uprev tunes on the ecu. I am waiting for Jared to modify my ETC tables.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
would you be able to use the new Uprev user tuning to find out what stillen has programmed, then copy it. then you could remove the piggy back and copy the files into a rom using uprevs software. I think it could be done. Im not sure about the second injectors on the stillen setup, but you can adjust that stuff in the program. I dont know why stillen doesnt just change the stock injectors to larger ones. Then you could toss that piggyback now
You can't check the program of the Stillen p-back. The p-back controls the secondary injectors. My long term plan is to get rid of the p-back and secondary injectors and do the Uprev mod.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Is it my understanding QShip has a Stillen VK-Pro (piggy back) installed with the UpRev Tune?:confused:
I have the p-back that comes with the supercharger.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Lead, i have no idea why they would have done the secondary injectors and tuned around that. They supply them, so why not tune around larger replacements. There is the cost of the injectors being supplied, so there would be no difference, and actually should be cheaper because the lack of the fuel rails and lines needed also. I know Uprev can and will get rid of the piggy and secondary injectors by using the larger injectors, upgraded fuel pump and stock retuned ECU. However they want $1500-1900 to do it, and i sure dont have the coin for that.
They were not able to crack the ecu. They had to reverse engineer their kit. Tuning with the ecu would have made a world of difference. The p-back is a 16-bit processor and the ecu is 32-bit I believe.

The only thing that holds the kit back is the Stillen tune. The hardware is top notch.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hey Q, what was the poor choice of words comment referring to? I was emailed back by uprev once stating that i would need their "stage 0" ecu tune so i could have the WOT and speed limiter removed. Sorry if asking you that sounds ignornant somehow.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
They were not able to crack the ecu. They had to reverse engineer their kit. Tuning with the ecu would have made a world of difference. The p-back is a 16-bit processor and the ecu is 32-bit I believe.

The only thing that holds the kit back is the Stillen tune. The hardware is top notch.
Can we get larger injectors anywhere? Thats all you need and then ditch the stillen fuel rails and extra injectors. You would need to find an uprev capable place to tune you. I may know more as i learn the new software. If i can get injectors and a fuel pump i may buy a low lbs universal STS system next week and tune myself. I dont think i can use the stock fuel equiptment though... not 100% sure

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Hey Q, what was the poor choice of words comment referring to? I was emailed back by uprev once stating that i would need their "stage 0" ecu tune so i could have the WOT and speed limiter removed. Sorry if asking you that sounds ignornant somehow.
I'm sorry buddy. I meant I used a poor choice of words. I was talking about the p-back interfering with the Uprev tune.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Can we get larger injectors anywhere? Thats all you need and then ditch the stillen fuel rails and extra injectors. You would need to find an uprev capable place to tune you. I may know more as i learn the new software. If i can get injectors and a fuel pump i may buy a low lbs universal STS system next week and tune myself. I dont think i can use the stock fuel equiptment though... not 100% sure
You're right about the injectors. I just want to make sure I don't get injectors that are too big or too small.

To save money, I would only remove the p-back and get the larger injectors and a slightly larger fuel pump than what comes with the kit. I will leave the fuel rails and secondary injectors where they are for now.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm sorry buddy. I meant I used a poor choice of words. I was talking about the p-back interfering with the Uprev tune.
Ok i gotcha. What kind of tuning do you have from uprev? When i talked with the via email, they said there would be no conflict of software. Also like i mentioned they called it a stage 0 tune. Oh Q, also about the injectors they also mentioned that being part of the removal of the stillen junk, so they know which lb injectors are required. Now getting that info out of them without the purchase of the THEIR kit might be tricky.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Is their kit ready yet?

I have talked to people that know what size injectors they first used. I have the stage 0 tune, a tune that bumps up the rev limiter and the valet tune.

·
Registered
517 Posts
By the way they were pushing the "better way" to run the supercharger in the email, i would think its ready. I would love to swith to the uprev configuration, but i cant swing $1500-1900 for install and parts. So i will have to stick with the what i have now until i get rid of the truck or run it into the ground.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts