Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2011 4x4. I installed bilstein 5100s with the mini lift at the tallest setting. I also installed a 3" lift from rough country as well. I also stacked a 2" rough country leveling kit on the spacer that came with the 3" lift making my front end basically level with my lifted rear. I have no coil bucket contact due to the new UCAs that came with the rough country lift but I have had a cv axle boot rip. I replaced the axle and it ripped again. It made me wonder if I needed a front differential drop in order to keep the axles from being at such sharp angles. Any advice?

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Several questions. Are you saying you have the 5100's on the tallest setting, plus a 4" spacer, plus a 2" spacer for a total of ~8" of lift? Isn't the 4" lift from RC a drop bracket? If it is a drop bracket, and you have all that other stuff, you're putting about 4" of non-bracket lift on the front end. 3" is the max according to consensus on here. I tore my OEM's with a 3", but the aftermarket replacements have held up fine. Also, don't stack spacers. That's just asking for trouble.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually it was the 3" lift not the 4", my bad. The bilstein struts are set to the tallest setting and I stacked a 2" block on a 4" block. I put new sway bar end links in and new uca that came with the lift kit too

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
You're definitely over stressing your CV's. I'd be surprised if you can get from the parts store to your house without tearing them. Anything over 3" total lift (including the Bilsteins) without a drop bracket is going to give you premature tearing on the boots.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of drop bracket would you recommend? Is that a front diff drop? Also it's weird because only my left cv axle ripped including the replacement one. The stock right one with 222k miles hasn't ripped though which is weird

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
It sounds like you're trying to get 6" or more of lift in the front. Just getting a bracket to drop the diff isn't going to cut it. You'll need the whole lift kit to do it properly.

·
Registered
629 Posts
My left boot keeps tearing as well. I finally decided to just get an actual lift to prevent from premature wear again. I went with the Rough Country 4".

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts