Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got 4 cans of the stuff and got started today, finished the wheels which was the main goal. But I still have quite a bit of material left over so tomorrow Im gonna do the cowl and possibly the billet grille. If that turns out well, I will be happy when my bumpers get paint matched.

if I have time, I might try and get the inside of the headlights blacked out. Then the absolutle last piece on my truck will be the chrome bumpers...Been thinking about pulling some interior pieces as well and blacking them out to compliment the exterior silver/blacck theme. Im thinking the radio bezel and some door pieces and possibly some center console pieces.

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
Looks good bro

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
You got a good theme going there. I personally like it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got started today, little bit more involved then I originally thought but I got everything off and almost ready to spray. but now the oh so dreaded stomache growling has got the best of me...Time to fire up the 63 Chevy truck in the background of my picture above and head out in search of nutrition. Only problem with driving this truck to lunch is this, its saturday and I know 18 old people will want to look at it and talk about it for 2 hours. Especially since I got a For Sale sign on it, that will add another 5 people asking how much I want and what all is done and they have no intention of buying the truck.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cowl and wiper arms are done, dont look as good as I hoped thanks to the high winds here today. Got some debris in the paint but it looks 1000 times better than it did before.

As for the headlights, I just gave up and put them back on the truck. Just dont have the time to do them correctly so I just decided not to paint them. As for the billet grille, going to have to figure something else out cause the bedliner will not stick to the metal very well. After it dries and I touch it the bedliner flakes right off, so I will need to figure something else out or take the grille and have it powdercoated.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Cowl and wiper arms are done, dont look as good as I hoped thanks to the high winds here today. Got some debris in the paint but it looks 1000 times better than it did before.

As for the headlights, I just gave up and put them back on the truck. Just dont have the time to do them correctly so I just decided not to paint them. As for the billet grille, going to have to figure something else out cause the bedliner will not stick to the metal very well. After it dries and I touch it the bedliner flakes right off, so I will need to figure something else out or take the grille and have it powdercoated.
Did u sand the chrome prior to spraying? You also have to prime it.:ftard:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It wasnt chrome, It is a brushed billet aftermarket deal. straight lines all the way across with no emblem. I done my best to sand it and make the surface rough to give the primer and stuff to stick to it. But its just not working, im thinking there is some kind of coating on the billet aluminum that will not let it stick correctly. Im going to take it up to the local powder coater and see what they can do with it.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Hey Wicked, were your wheels the "chrome" ones? Mine are "chrome" and I was wondering if you had to do anything special to them aside from sanding them down. I plan on doing mine when the weather is a little better out. Looks good!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No man, they was the alloy version. But I did sand them slightly to allow for better adhesion when applying the bedliner. Guy on the street today offered me $100 to do his next weekend if the weather is nice. I told him I could do them Monday if he has a few free hours to spare...

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
When I did my step bars, didn't sand or prime. I did put about 3-4 coats. Had to do a little touch up here and there due to kids getting in and out of the truck, other than that, holding up nicely.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I want to do my step bars also, Just need the time to take them off the truck and get them apart so I can paint them as I want too.

Next weekend im going to do the headlights and also dropping off my grille for a powdercoating. All thats left will be my chrome bumpers...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts