Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
father in laws titan xd,no start..found the bolt hanging out of the starter..absolutely no slack, is this normal..it's stripped out..from the factory

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,813 Posts
the engine mount bolt was stripped on mine from the factory is what the dealer told me when they swapped the engine. apparently those guys in Tennessee, or whichever state builds our trucks, are not super serious about checking the torque settings on their torque wrenches, or the air tools are misadjusted to the high side

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the engine mount bolt was stripped on mine from the factory is what the dealer told me when they swapped the engine. apparently those guys in Tennessee, or whichever state builds our trucks, are not super serious about checking the torque settings on their torque wrenches, or the air tools are misadjusted to the high side
On your gaser?this is on my father inlaws diesel xd,the wire goingto the starter,isn't long enough for some reason

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,813 Posts
Yes, on my gas truck.

I thought you meant the starter bolt was stripped from the bell housing. I am glad its the more easily fixed starter but the wire being to short is super odd. Maybe they ran it around something weird and it got yanked out.

Sucks because I bet that starter is not cheap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts