Nissan Titan Forum banner

Starting/electrical problems!

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  ten titan crew 
#1 ·
Here's the story.

1. Truck will not start. Cranks fine but will not catch. Seems like no fuel or spark. I've tried all my keys in case this was an immobilizer issue.
2. Windshield wipers do not work but squirters do.
3. Turn signals don't work but hazards do.
4. Power windows do not work but locks etc. do.
5. Headlights and tailights work but foglights don't.

Everything else appears to be working fine. Radio, interior lights, power pedals etc. I don't have a wiring diagram so I can't trace these to one relay/fuse block/connector but my assumption is it's a major fuse gone somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can all give!

#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I hope it's under warranty, and if it is, have it towed in. Even if it is a blown fuse, something caused the fuse to blow and that would always bother me.

#5 ·
SM68 said:
No warranty unfortunately. I am trying to diagnose this before I have to get it towed to the dealer. My hope is there is a shared relay/fuse for these different systems but without a wiring diagram I'm not sure how to find it.
Ok, I understand. I would do the same thing in that case. Good luck trying to find the problem, I'm sure there are a few guys here that have the wiring schematic you need.

#7 ·
Problem solved.

In the engine compartment directly in front of the fuse box there's a relay box. It contains the tow relay and others. There's also one 10AMP fuse on there marked "IGN". That fuse was not fully seated. Pushed it in and away she went. Pulled it out to verify that was the problem, and it was.

File this one under "how the hell can one 10AMP fuse cause so much trouble?"

#8 ·
SM68 said:
Problem solved.

In the engine compartment directly in front of the fuse box there's a relay box. It contains the tow relay and others. There's also one 10AMP fuse on there marked "IGN". That fuse was not fully seated. Pushed it in and away she went. Pulled it out to verify that was the problem, and it was.

File this one under "how the hell can one 10AMP fuse cause so much trouble?"

That's great! I'll have to remember this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.