Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been inside garage 2 days, cold outside, and wont turn over? Had a 'chug' at first thought it was starting so i let key go. didn't start. now just cranks and cranks an doesn't turn over. Any help?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i switched the ecm relay and the fog light relay and nothing happened. I hear a high high pitched noise with key turned (not starting) just forward and it's coming from the fuse box area. i don't hear anything from the fuel pump in the rear. would the lines be fully pressured from trying to start to much? how do you release pressure? to try to hear fuel pump kick on? i have a standard 180day/7500 mi GWC warranty on it. Under the standard column it shows EIM and the fuel pump BUT NOT FOR 180 day contracts. SO screwed on that. If it's the pump - easy fix on my lift? :confused:

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i guess you can say it just try's to turn over. My needles are stable. Only movement now is the battery when i try.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My ECM relay number is different than the fog light relay. THose 4 relays - 3 have the same number a big # 4 and 61109 The ECM relay says a big 'X' and 61003.

If the relay was bad - when putting it into the fog light side my fogs shouldn't work but they do. So . . . . lost at this moment :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
have you check all the fuses, like the fuel pump fuse etc?
That was about to be my first question...

Fuses
Battery Connections
Fuel Filter
Immobilizer acting funny? (try disconnecting battery; let sit for a few; then reconnect and try again)

I know you said the engine is turning, but have you still tried to jump it off? Seen something similar before on another vehicle.

I know these are all basic, but every time I run into similar problems - it is almost always something simple and stupid.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well no luck tonight! Free towing, labor and Diagnostic in the am under warranty. Let ya know whats wrong. I think the pump.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well - at the shop now. Towing was free for 10 mi so I paid for 4 extra miles. Not bad 16 bucks to tow. So that part of the warranty was ok. Now I'm waiting for the culprit of no starting!! Hopefully Its not a fuel pump. It's not covered cause i have a 6 mo and not a year coverage warranty. So tick tock auto doc!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well - at the shop now. Towing was free for 10 mi so I paid for 4 extra miles. Not bad 16 bucks to tow. So that part of the warranty was ok. Now I'm waiting for the culprit of no starting!! Hopefully Its not a fuel pump. It's not covered cause i have a 6 mo and not a year coverage warranty. So tick tock auto doc!!
So, what was the problem?!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, what was the problem?!
ok - warranty (GWC) towed it 10 mi to a ma an pa shop where he has Nissan reader and stuff. 1 week - testing relay fuses and the whole wiring harness. at Friday he called saying he "thinks" ECU (Computer) is bad cause he can't read it. SO - my VIN shows a 8yr/80k warranty on the ECU. My truck 79866!! Oh how close. BUT I had to trailer it to Mark Arbuckle Nissan in Indiana (1hr15min away) to fix. He had it since this monday and thinks it's the ECU too. Waiting on ECU. it's now 1/20/11. HOPEFULLY it's fixed for the weekend! Carless right now. So the fuel gauge sensor recall will be done too. Hopefully that the fix (ECU) and it's all free! :) Thats the update so far. Been down for two weeks now - ya'd think Nissan would help you out a little :(

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ECU !!! She's growlin now! Doing recall on fuel senor and have it back thurs night! :redblob"

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how bout it!!?? lol At least I'm not paying for it. It was $577 just for the ECU then so much for programming and labor. So under warranty is nice!! Just wished it didn't take them 2 weeks! First - thought they were getting ECU and found out it got back ordered. Coming from Baltimore ware house, never got the back order till the next week, then THEY ordered the wrong ECU so reordered the right one an it runs now! lol Like I said tho - atleast the 8yr/80k warranty saved me !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts