Nissan Titan Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Haven't had an issue all week since the weather has primarily stayed in the 60's. Installed my new IPDM this afternoon. I guess we'll find out how it goes if the weather gets cold again. I almost got rid of the truck last weekend for a Ram SRT-10.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2006 having similar problems with turning over.. -20's over 8 hours and I find myself sitting there cranking away. If you say it is the soldering that is cracked it that at the ECM? Do the 2006 resolve after the ipdm? It seems like all you guys having problems are 07's.

Just bought this damn truck 1 month ago and it pretty much came with this problem..... Fml

·
Registered
275 Posts
The solder joints are in the ECM. I replaced my IPDM and it didn't resolve the issue. I'm trying to source an ECM because mine is discontinued.

·
Registered
28 Posts
We'll if I don't end giving this truck back to the dealer I am going to bring the ecu into an electronic shop and get the damn thing soldered and anything loose set back to place and change relays in the ipdm. The only thing left is my cat con. Code that won't go away...

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's probably a good idea, I found a place down here that will look into it for me at the cost of 50 an hour... Either that or spend 1100 on a brand new one...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well I was reading somewhere that Nissan has been having problems with ecu in our trucks. So people having problems with cold starts and no solution, if it has warmed up in your area you can remove the ecu from the truck cold soak it in the freezer for a few hours and then try to start. If you have the same problem on the warm day with a frozen ecu you know that this is the problem... For you American folks I think someone was saying that all ecu's must be warranted by the manufacturer for 8 years... So worth the try I think anyway

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #110 (Edited)
Well I was reading somewhere that Nissan has been having problems with ecu in our trucks. So people having problems with cold starts and no solution, if it has warmed up in your area you can remove the ecu from the truck cold soak it in the freezer for a few hours and then try to start. If you have the same problem on the warm day with a frozen ecu you know that this is the problem... For you American folks I think someone was saying that all ecu's must be warranted by the manufacturer for 8 years... So worth the try I think anyway
Just wondering where you heard about the warranty thing on ECU/ECM, or if anyone else knows where I can find that documented. Are you maybe thinking of the EMISSION CONTROL UNIT?

I finally received my truck back and the ECU/ECM was replaced. -25 this morning and she fired right up. Now I want my dang money back!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
I was going to fix the ECU myself but I couldn't get the thing open and didn't want to risk damaging it without having an extra.
I'm pretty decent with engines and simple repairs. However, when it comes to the computer stuff like this, I would rather have someone else do it. I know many of you are a lot more knowledgeable in that area then I am, but I'm pretty sure a new unit needs to be programmed as well. Either way, I know if I would have put it in myself, I would have ended going back and forth to the dealership with check engine lights going on and all other bells and whistles going off.

Don't know if that is likely to happen, but I could imagine that it would if not properly configured to the vehicle, etc. Again, I could be completely wrong in my assumption.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Thanks for updating Troy, it's really helpful when there's a reported fix.
Noting what all was replaced to fix this issue based on the work order:

Holder Fuse
They installed this first but then it shorted out and more codes came through on diagnostic. Because of that, Nissan Tech suggested replacing the following to avoid a domino effect of shorting out anything else, however they believed (based on the codes) that the ECM was the issue.

BCM
ECM
Body Control Harness

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just Fixed my 07. SIA Electronics repaired my CPU for 135 plus shipping. It was a no start cold, same issue. They said its common, they do lots of them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just Fixed my 07. SIA Electronics repaired my CPU for 135 plus shipping. It was a no start cold, same issue. They said its common, they do lots of them.

That's cool news , After reading the last 100 sum post in this thread and hundreds of other post in similar threads because my 09 Pro4X started no starting issues few months ago, turns over great just sometimes wouldn’t fire, colder the weather worse it got , it would work few days perfect then not for a week and repeat eventually to were won’t fire at all but still turn over great, so it’s been sitting for weeks pissing me off lol after several test an all the normal stuff to try without breaking the bank- I’m resorting to this too CeeDub. They have mine Ecu now and I should get it back in a week ;) hoping that will work , if it does I’ll reply with the news, I put off buying a new ipdm, I almost did, I just don't think that's the problem, and have read of so many stories were peps bought a new one and it didn't help vrs helping, I think it could be more common then we think, some people’s titans could have been a problem like this all along instead of other things they’ve tried and money spent, who knows? I do know having a nice truck that doesn't start sucks :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just curious, after you got your ECU back from SIA Electronics, did the dealership have to reprogram it for you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just curious, after you got your ECU back from SIA Electronics, did the dealership have to reprogram it for you?
No, they only replace the broken part, the programming all stays. It’s still working great after another winter! So it fixed my problem for sure.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts