Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Starting the FAQ - What do you want to know? Please read before starting new threads

Hi all,

The FAQ is officially off the ground. I'm going to do the best I can to be the "point man" for providing as much info as possible for all members of Titan Talk. To start off, I would like to know what you all would like to see in the FAQ.
If you have information that you think should be included in the FAQ (installation instructions on a cool mod, important technical information, etc.), please email it to [email protected].

I ask that members NOT use this area for discussion, as the point of this area is to be a quick reference. There are many other areas of Titan Talk for discussion. If there's something you wish to discuss with me, please feel free to PM me. I don't want members to have to wade through lots of discussion to get the facts.

At this point, please post only what you would like to see in the FAQ in this thread. My goal is to provide a central database of facts and info about our favorite truck, the Titan. My vision for the FAQ is that it will be an area where people come to find information without having to look through 5000 posts to find the answer. I'm going to accept input on "categories" for the FAQ for a while, and then start building information for sections for which the "majority" indicate an interest and where there are facts available. I definitely want this area to be as helpful and informative as possible, so I need your input!

Eventually, I'll produce a single document that will have a table of contents and summations of confirmed information.

Half Shovel

·
Registered
497 Posts
specs for each package, whats compatible, sizes of various specs (tires, legnth,gear ratios) i dunno how far you want to break it down exactly. glad this area started up. :eveilgrin

·
Registered
497 Posts
and since its a how to area how about various mod installations (oem and aftermarket).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Part numbers for common parts like oil filter, spark plugs, air filter, various accessories.

·
Registered
211 Posts
First of all, Half Shovel, I want to personally thank you for taking on this project. You have your work cut out for you!

I'm not aware of any TSB's on the Titan (yet), but as they are issued, this would be a good place to post them. The (hopefully) forthcoming RF fix is a good example.

You might also consider a "Tips & Tricks" posting that covers things of interest to many. For example, step-by-steps on how to change the oil filter, air filter, etc.

A lot depends on the level of detail you plan on taking with the FAQ. For example, the seemingly endless questions on the RF and the bedliner could probably be summarized and addressed in the FAQ, relieving the main posting areas of those questions. I think the FAQ will be a terrific resource for everyone, but it's gonna be a hell of a lot of work for you, so "Thanks!" in advance. It's guys like you that make TitanTalk such a good forum. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Colorado,

Thanks for the accolades. Alas, I haven't DONE anything yet... :teethmast. I am beginning to gather information, and I'm starting to realize that there's no way I'll be able to tackle this on my own. I have begun to solicit help from members who obviously know much more than I do about all things Titan. Hopefully, folks in the know will be willing to take time to put their knowledge "on paper" and send it to me, so I can include it in the forum.

I've been reading through the posts on things like trailering, XM radio and the RF problem, and haven't been able to cull the "truth" out of those threads as of yet. If someone has a good concept on what seems to be the facts about these issues, send 'em to me at [email protected]

HS

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
thanks Half!!! someone had take point and i appreciate you being the guy, you'll do great and all of us will love you for it. thanks again!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
278 Posts
The FAQ needs to be at the top of the forum under the site news, people are lazy and are going to post questions in the general disscusion before seeing the FAQ. :rolleyes:

Oh and I luv the idea of a FAQ :cheers:

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
can somone take it upon themselves to make a video/audio section where we all can check out the videos and listen to some mean aftermarket or stock exhausts roar. i've got a link with most of the commercials if someone wants to start it off:

http://www.nissanoffroad.com/Titan/

being that i'm not exactly computer literate.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Half
Thanks again for all your hard work.

I can provide the installation instructions for the Nissan mudflaps, foglights, and bugshield if you want. Can be scanned and sent. They are pretty good with pictures. Send me an email at [email protected] for any requests.

I used to have a Tundra and they have an excellent site called Tundra solutions. http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/index.php? The site and FAQ is pretty good.

Jay

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jd1973 said:
Half
Thanks again for all your hard work.

I can provide the installation instructions for the Nissan mudflaps, foglights, and bugshield if you want. Can be scanned and sent. They are pretty good with pictures. Send me an email at [email protected] for any requests.

I used to have a Tundra and they have an excellent site called Tundra solutions. http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/index.php? The site and FAQ is pretty good.

Jay
Jay,
I've been a member of Tundrasolutions since November of 1999. Great site. That's where I got the idea for the FAQ. I'd love those instructions (mudflaps, etc.). I'll put them in the FAQ. Thanks for the info!
HS

·
Registered
497 Posts
send them a email, they have very quick responce times and were significantly cheaper then everyone else i contacted. mose peoples sale prices are Still more then his reg. wholesale prices lol.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Half Shovel said:
Jay,
I've been a member of Tundrasolutions since November of 1999. Great site. That's where I got the idea for the FAQ. I'd love those instructions (mudflaps, etc.). I'll put them in the FAQ. Thanks for the info!
HS

I scanned them and the files are huge (about 45 meg per page!!!). I'm going to try to save them as PDFs. Otherwise I might just have to send them to you, either on cd or the docs themselves.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I sent the files. You should have the PDFs. Enjoy and let me know if youneed anything else. I'm pretty good friends with the local Nissan guys, having bought vehicles from them since they were Datsun. I can probably get a copy of about anything.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts