Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm poking around the Nissan site, searching inventory at local dealers and find a Black LE CC with the options I want and it's only 20 miles away. I call the dealer and the salesman verifies the options and tells me the truck is still available. So I head on home to grab my pink slip and check book. My wife is practically kicking me out of the house to get to the dealer. I'm sweating like a pig. I end up sitting in LA traffic for 2 hours (friday rush hour mind you). I finally get to the dealer and the sales guy takes me to the employee parking to see the truck. I'm thinking, "now this is kind of strange". What happens... The salesman tells me the flippin general manager decided to use the truck as his personal demo vehicle after it's been sitting on the lot for 2 days after the guy that ordered it backed out. He already had the windows tinted, grill changed, his personal crud sitting in the truck and the sales guy is trying to sell me this thing as if its new. "He only drove it home once for 28 easy miles". I was pissed. And they still had the nerve to ask if I wanted to order one from them... Sorry, just venting. The sad part was coming home and having my 4 year old asking if we're going to take the new truck for a ride.....sheesh:(

·
Registered
147 Posts
Figures

That's just another example of how some jacka$$ general managers put themselves first, sometimes without realizing the costs they really incur.

Being a dad, I know how that must suck when the 4 year old asks a question like that. Fortunately, you have plenty of other dealers in the area where you can look for another one.

·
Registered
473 Posts
You need to contact Nissan. I do not beleive that you can sell a demo vehicle as new. Please check with your local laws, but I believe that "Demo" vehicles are consided used by the bank!

But when you consider that is how the management acts, I would be very cautious when doing business with that dealership!

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Getting what you want

mtbendo,

I feel your pain about trying to find the Titan of your liking. Sometimes the internet shows a different inventory than what the salesman will tell you because the internet site is maintained and updated by a company that is independent from Nissan. Sometimes the internet is more accurate and sometimes less accurate than what the salesman will tell you. I applaud you for not taking the "used" Titan. Trucks are too expensive these days to settle for ANYTHING less than exactly what you want.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"That's just another example of how some jacka$$ general managers put themselves first, sometimes without realizing the costs they really incur."

dd564 - My thoughts exactly. Why would a GM take a fully loaded vehicle for themselves when they are so hard to find? I wasn't so mad that the GM did that as much as that the sales guy should have mentioned it on the phone.

My parting shot was that I would have paid over sticker for it (not really, maybe MSRP since no one around here is dealing, but I was trying to remain calm and collected and figured I'd rather them be the ones thinking they screwed up rather than yelling at them).

"Trucks are too expensive these days to settle for ANYTHING less than exactly what you want."

Robert - I totally agree. I figure this truck costs more than any car I've ever bought so there is no way I'm settling for less!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I may be in the minority here but what's so wrong with this situation?

1. Most vehicles have 8-10 miles on them when they come off the truck.

2. What if the truck had 28 test drive miles on it? Does it matter that they were from the GM? If you showed up and they didn't let you test drive it I bet you'd be upset and posting about that.

3. It is commonplace for dealer personnel to drive new vehicles as they often use the opportunity to see the vehicle.

4. Was the dealer supposed to keep the truck under lock and key until you showed up? Why would he think you were any different than any other interested customer?

Had you put a deposit on it and the truck was considered sold then it would be an entirely different story.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
LanceK - the dealer can do whatever they want with their vehicles, its their money. I'm wasn't concerned with the mileage itself (it had a total of 82 miles on it). One car I bought had over 100 miles on it and it was new. That's what happens with test drives. Maybe it's a mental thing but having the dealer folks drive the truck to test it is one thing, using it for personal transportation to work and back is definitely another.

What pissed me off was having the salesman talk on the phone as if the vehicle was new. I get there and the windows are tinted, an aftermarket grill was installed, the GM had what looked like his stinking gym clothes sitting on the back seat and his personal items in all the cubby holes (including some gummy squeeze ball smashed into the console side pocket) and the window sticker was long gone. The salesman should have been upfront about that instead of letting people drive dozens of miles to find a used truck...

S

·
0 Posts
If you buy a vehicle off the lot be assured that the manager, mechanic, salesman, mother -in -law, ex-husband, neighbor next door has driven it. I think that this case of the manger taking it and then selling it as new is not right. I hate to see how the dealership treats the ones on the lot that’s why I waited and order the one I wanted. I hate to say it but I was there when my last car came off the transport truck. Most dealerships don't care if it is already bought they still treat it as theirs and if you are not there at the time it arrives what ever happens you will never know. Sad thing is Nissan is bad about letting you track your delivery. Not like the others I have had.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
mtbendo,

Don't buy a Titan from this dealership even if they come up with a vechicle of your liking. You'll run into the same deception if you have to have service work done or need parts. Look for a better dealership even if it is further away.

The dealership I bought from was 70 miles away in another state and they offered to drive my new Titan to my house rather than me having to drive back to their dealership. The salesman gave me two free oil changes and will give me $100.00 for each person that I send to him to buy a Titan. He also let me drive the Titan home for keeps before I gave him all of his money. And to top things off, I paid over $1000.00 less than MSRP.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Some good points.

I agree that the salesguy should have given you more accurate information.

The sales manager should be ashamed of himself. If you're driving a demo it should always be ready to be shown/driven at a moments notice.

If you can wait I would order one or find a different dealer to work with.

Bottom line...you can never win with these dealers. Every time I walk into a showroom I find a reason to shake my head.

Good luck with your search!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts