Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll, I bought my 06 Titan back in December of 2019. When I got it, the steering rack was really loose and caused a ton of slop in the front end and was quite dangerous. I replaced the bushings with polyurethane bushings and torqued the bolts to spec. The truck drove fine for quite some time (mostly street) then I took it to some really gnarly off road and hooned around a bit and the rack became somewhat loose again. It is physically moving like it was doing when I got the truck initially, but not as much.

What I want to know, has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you do to solve it? I plan to back the bolts off and use blue locktite to see if that helps. Any suggestions would be welcome. I'm replacing ball joints and plan to have it checked over on an alignment machine and the steering rack not being solid obviously throws those numbers off by a lot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I myself have never ran into this problem but some loctite should solve the issue I'd think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
You might try replacing the existing hardware. Won't be expensive and might solve the problem. Perhaps the old stuff is over torqued and stretched too much (which is what torquing does - stretches the bolt a prescribed amount). And use the proper torque settings when you reinstall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts