Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 4wd with off road package 87k miles. The steering has gotten loose and is just a pain to drive requiring constant correction. I've taken it to Nissan and they replaced the struts and aligned. No improvement. New tires, no help. Went to a private alignment shop and they said everything was tight and alignment within spec. I replaced the rack bushings and that actually seemed to help a little (maybe placebo effect). It clunks on bumps so wondering if control arm bushings may be shot due to age. Any ideas?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sounds like your on the right track. Just check all the bushings really good. I had a truck that had a wander problem also. It turned out to be my leaf spring bushings were torn which caused the rearend to be misaligned which made the truck wander. It really does not take much.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Ak2030 what did you ever figure out on this my steering is wandering and my ride is rough I have replaced struts, both LCA one UCA and passenger CV Axle. Truck ran ok after then three days ago steering became a chore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts