Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 17 Titan and has intermittent clicking in the steering. It feels like its in the steering wheel, but after you drive it for a good 30 minutes it stops. I have brought it to the dealer and they have supposedly changed the column and claim they fix it every time, but never do. Has anyone had this problem?

Here is a link to a video of it:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope . I ended up dealing with it , and I hate it ! I figured I would give it some time and try again later .

·
Registered
222 Posts
We have the same problem in our '17 Pro-4X. We took it to the dealer, they fixed it along with putting a scratch on the steeringwheel control panel, and three weeks later it returned. I had a 2005 Chevy Silverado that had a grommet that popped, I thought this was the same thing. The Nissan dealer we work with indicated it's pretty wide spread. They also said they thought it had more to do with the cold weather... So, in short we have the same issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New Titan owner here 2017, did y’all ever get this resolved? Bought mine used and of course didn’t make this noise on the test drive...does now naturally

·
Premium Member
68,823 Posts
I read a while back about a zip tie rubbing and clicking on a steering column under the dash somewhere. Might be worth a look.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hmm ok I’ll take a look, Noise seems to go away as the day warms up or at least not very noticeable...That zip tie deal is funny though had the exact problem on 2019 grand Cherokee had wrapped around the rear suspension it was industrial strength zip tie too which sounds like it came off the assembly line like that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts