Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is this done? Can I do it myself or is a task better left to the dealer?

I installed the PRG leveling kit, installed Revos, and got a front end alignment.

Now my steering wheel tracks straight when the steering wheel is at 11 o'clock.

I'd rather do it myself unless it requires special tools or has a chance of screwing up the airbag system. Don't wanna do that!

The last time I did this it require pulling the steering wheel off with a gear puller tool. Don't wanna do that either.

Thanks for any info

·
Registered
246 Posts
They didn't do the alignment properly. Take it back.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Yes, do take it back where you received your alignment and have them adjust the tie rods. The tie rods are used to adjust your steering wheel position. It sounds like they set the toe, caster, and camber with the steering wheel tilted at an angle, and yes they have to put it back on the alignment rack to recheck all the angles even if it is to adjust the tie rods. You can reset the steering wheel in your driveway but it will throw all of the other angles out of wack.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'll call them tomorrow.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just for future reference if you get under the truck and follow the steering shaft downwards you will find the knuckle where it attaches to the steering linkages. It can be adjusted there also.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called them back and I'll take it back in on Monday. I'll make sure they re-check all of the angles as well as set the steering wheel straight.

Thanks people and have a good weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
They should have road tested the truck and checked it themselves. That way a second trip would have been eliminated.

Clint

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
If you were to ever remove the steering wheel (mine came off with just a couple bumps to the backside), rememer to disconnect the battery for at least 8 minutes before messing with the airbag.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Clint said:
They should have road tested the truck and checked it themselves. That way a second trip would have been eliminated.

Clint
True. But I also had the opportunity to immediately turn around when I left the garage and have them look into it. So I take the blame for it. They will make it right and it will get me out of my office for a few hours on Monday. No biggie.

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
At least they will do it right away. Stuff happens....

Clint

·
Registered
127 Posts
what is up with the steering wheel on the titan? Is anyone else having the same problem of the steering wheel not aligning straight with the wheels. My wheel is not lined up straight and seems to be getting worse.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
pogi69x said:
what is up with the steering wheel on the titan? Is anyone else having the same problem of the steering wheel not aligning straight with the wheels. My wheel is not lined up straight and seems to be getting worse.
Did you not read the thread to which you posted? :rolleyes:

You need an alignment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts