Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suppose you're driving in a straight line on the highway and you glance down at the steering wheel. Would you expect the steering wheel to be straight, or turned slightly to the left (around 5 degrees)?

I had the impression that my steering wheel was slightly off center (ie. tilted slightly to the left when driving straight), so I asked the dealer to check it out when I went for an oil change. They said the steering wheel was correctly centered and that I was just compensating for the crown in the road.

At first I thought they were full of shhh but now I'm not so sure. I found a reasonably flat parking lot and at slow speeds the wheel was indeed straight. But when I'm on the road, it is tilted to the left.

Yes, I'm nitpicking.

Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I have noticed the same thing in every vehicle I have owned. Roads are indeed built with a natural hump in them to aid in water runoff. As you drive, you will naturally be pulling to the left or right depending on the lane you happen to be in at the time.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I agree with rrumaner. It will happen with any car or truck you drive depending on the road conditions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My Titan also had a slight off steering wheel. Nissan re-aligned by spec but it still had a slight un straight wheel. :boxing: ..So I take to a local wheel alignment shop with the spec's from Nissan....AND GUESS WHAT...nOW THE WHEEL IS STRAIGHT....Go figureQUOTE=Albert1234]Suppose you're driving in a straight line on the highway and you glance down at the steering wheel. Would you expect the steering wheel to be straight, or turned slightly to the left (around 5 degrees)?

I had the impression that my steering wheel was slightly off center (ie. tilted slightly to the left when driving straight), so I asked the dealer to check it out when I went for an oil change. They said the steering wheel was correctly centered and that I was just compensating for the crown in the road.

At first I thought they were full of shhh but now I'm not so sure. I found a reasonably flat parking lot and at slow speeds the wheel was indeed straight. But when I'm on the road, it is tilted to the left.

Yes, I'm nitpicking.

Anyone have any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Sucks you had to pay an alignment shop for something the dealer should do for free. My wheel is ****-eyed also, but alignment is fine. Sometimes it looks straight, sometimes it looks off-center. Maybe its all in my mind...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts