Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just brought my truck into the shop for replacement of the drivers seat cushion and seat cover replacement. On the way home I noticed my steeering wheel looked like this. Is something to be fixed under bumper to bumper.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
I will bet they tell you "normal wear and tear"!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bbomar said:
I will bet they tell you "normal wear and tear"!!
YEP
They said oils in my skin are doing it.:crying:
They said I should put conditioner on it very often to keep it from getting worse.....Like every other time I fill up for gas

·
Registered
740 Posts
BuckyBadger said:
YEP
They said oils in my skin are doing it.:crying:
They said I should put conditioner on it very often to keep it from getting worse.....Like every other time I fill up for gas

So they mean twice a day:rofl:

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
My steering wheel has a slight wear mark, and my dealer said that if it gets any worse they would change it under the 3yr/36 warranty. He told me mine wasn't bad enough to change yet, that they would get a hard time from nissan if they changed it. I bought one of those covers that match the steering wheel, so that mine doesn't get any worse.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
helomech said:
My steering wheel has a slight wear mark, and my dealer said that if it gets any worse they would change it under the 3yr/36 warranty. He told me mine wasn't bad enough to change yet, that they would get a hard time from nissan if they changed it. I bought one of those covers that match the steering wheel, so that mine doesn't get any worse.

I bought a cover too. Next oil change I'll bring it to another dealer in town and see what they say...

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
I've had a leather cover on mine since the first week....

·
Registered
137 Posts
sorry to dig this up...

I just bought a used truck with grey interior and the wheel's topcoat is gone from the top section. Looking for good alternatives, re-dye, covers that don't fall off...anything.

Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
278 Posts
I am having the same problem, I guess I am going to have to do the conditioner thing until I find a better solution. Anybody know how much a wheel replacement would be?

Thanks

-A

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I did a steering wheel in by having some residual bug spray on my hands, even after washing them. This looks similar, where small fleck's of leather got lifted off.

·
Registered
137 Posts
That was what I pictured. I ordered a Wheelskiin in grey from Amazon today. Cost is about $50 with shipping, but you have to sew it on. ~2 hours

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nice steering wheel cover..haha Bought the exact same one, once I grew sick of the leather flecking off. Much cheaper than replacing the steering wheel.

·
Registered
969 Posts
my wheel is all brown.. it got stained from a wheel cover (same brand that i used on other cars with no issues). i noticed it over a year ago so did i do? tried to clean it. no dice unless i sandpapered it. so i just slapped on another wheel cover. :huh::teeth:

its a truck its supposed to be dirty, even if isnt really :redblob"

irony is i put the cover the first day to prevent the wear you are getting (i am hard on wheels) and instead it instantly ruined it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm very happy with my Wheelskin. If anyone's interested I can take a pic and post it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts