Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, who has taken off the factory step bars? Im wanting to know how big of a job im getting into. Actually removing the bars doesnt seem hard at all, but what im more curious about is the end caps and the step pads. I want to remove them and bedline the bars black and keep the pads and end caps the factory colors. Do the pads just pop out with a screw driver under them and prying? I think I could easily tape off the end caps if they cannot be removed.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I am thinking of doing the same. I have the chrome one's tho and not sure teh best way to prep them.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
3 bolts...3 nuts...don't let it hit you in the face as it comes down. Seriously though, it only takes 5 min and is actually easy for one person since they hang on bolts. I believe the ends are pop on, but it might be better to just tape. They might not be quite as tight when they go back on.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
When I bed lined mine, I bedlined everything. I sanded steps and end caps with an orbital sander, laid down primer, and bedlined em...about 4 or 5 coats. I didnt bother prepping the step pads---havent had any issues in that ragards either. Bedliner has held up great--n they look good as well. BTW...im sellin mine for $125+S/H from 92021. (I put 24s on the T)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I bed lined mine, I bedlined everything. I sanded steps and end caps with an orbital sander, laid down primer, and bedlined em...about 4 or 5 coats. I didnt bother prepping the step pads---havent had any issues in that ragards either. Bedliner has held up great--n they look good as well. BTW...im sellin mine for $125+S/H from 92021. (I put 24s on the T)
Got any pictures of the finished product?

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
3 bolts...3 nuts...don't let it hit you in the face as it comes down. Seriously though, it only takes 5 min and is actually easy for one person since they hang on bolts. I believe the ends are pop on, but it might be better to just tape. They might not be quite as tight when they go back on.
LOL. The visual is hilarious. Thank you sir!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts