Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the early stages of planning out all the audio components to put in my 08 CC. After reading the forums for quite some time, it looks like there is a pretty good consensus that for overall Sound Quality, the Boston G1 subs and Boston or MB Quartz components are the way to go.

However, ive also seen other brands pop up in conversation, some im familiar with (Focal, Dynaudio, McIntosh), and some im not. It appears that the Boston route is the best "value" if you take into consideration both quality and cost.

My question is, and this mostly for Tech, P-Dizzle, and any others that have been in the audio scene for a long time, if money wasnt a concern at all, what products would you put in a Titan for a complete system? This would include replacing all factory speakers, and adding subs, including amps for both. Would you instal components, or seperate mids/tweeters from different manufacturers?

It would have to fit in the Titan without extreme modification (aka no re-fabbing the doors to put in something that wouldnt already fit there easily already)

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Ohh boy.... where do we begin!!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
t22a80 said:
Ohh boy.... where do we begin!!!!!
My thoughts exactly! Thats why i started the thread, to get some conversation going on the subject! Ive done custom installs in all of my cars that would be what I consider "mid-range" in terms of quality/cost. I ran the same stereo in my last 2 vehicles, so I have had the same gear for many years now. I have a lot more cash available to me now than i did those many years ago, and ive become somewhat an audio-phile in those few years. Ive spent most of the last year building my theater room from scratch (was a completely unfinished basement when i moved into the house).

Now that i have the new truck, id like to outfit it with good quality components, but i don't even know what to look at in the high-end mobile audio space.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Money being no object? Man that opens alot.

Heres what i would do without cutting anything up. And this the reason i choose these.

Comps front Boston spz 60s. Because i love the midbass from them. They work great off axis. If i were going to build kicks rainbows , dynaudio, or morels.

Amps . i would have something custom built to my specs like my adcoms or just buy sundowns . Theres really not much better that is going to make a huge difference in sound. Zapco is also an option but i do not know if i could buy them at the price with sundowns being damn near the same at much better pricing

Subs dls nebs. If money were no object.

I still like the bostons as well. the g1s are unbeatable at the price and very accurate.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
tech12volt said:
Money being no object? Man that opens alot.

Heres what i would do without cutting anything up. And this the reason i choose these.

Comps front Boston spz 60s. Because i love the midbass from them. They work great off axis. If i were going to build kicks rainbows , dynaudio, or morels.

Amps . i would have something custom built to my specs like my adcoms or just buy sundowns . Theres really not much better that is going to make a huge difference in sound. Zapco is also an option but i do not know if i could buy them at the price with sundowns being damn near the same at much better pricing

Subs dls nebs. If money were no object.

I still like the bostons as well. the g1s are unbeatable at the price and very accurate.
I would also run a yamaha or rane d to a converter , croosover so everything would run active and dual 30 band 1/3 octave eqs.I am extremely picky about sound and have amazing hearing that is sometimes a curse. 99 percent of the time the radio is off in all of my vehicles unless i am on a trip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Man I just put in a probox with one 10 inch Power Acoustik STW and it is louder then my Kicker Solo-Baric setup I had in my car. Running around 800w to the sub and it pounds. Paid $150 for box through dealer and $80 for sub on ebay. Can send pics if needed, but for the money you cannot beat it hands down.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
micky21 said:
Man I just put in a probox with one 10 inch Power Acoustik STW and it is louder then my Kicker Solo-Baric setup I had in my car. Running around 800w to the sub and it pounds. Paid $150 for box through dealer and $80 for sub on ebay. Can send pics if needed, but for the money you cannot beat it hands down.
Exactly what Box? I hear those Proboxes make subs sound 10 times better....

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
^ Trouble maker!

·
Registered
33 Posts
micky21 said:

Yes but thats just bass... a stereo system is not just about bass, you can have the loudest truck in the world but what good is it if thats all you hear. Its about the highs and mids as well. where I live a good sounding system will get a lot of people looking at you haha there's even the occasional few that start dancing.

I personally started off with Infinity Kappa series 6x9 and 6.5's. Then for the tweeters I stuck with kicker. Head unit is the Alpine 9857 (out of my Ranger). Then went with the 12" Kicker Comp VRs but soon may be going to the Solo Baric L7's and a 2000W Performance Teqnikue Flame series amp. and the box is a dB Gain dual twelve under my KC seats. It sounds perfect.

I purchased all this installed for around $450...(it helps to know the guy who owns the shop;))

1 - 11 of 11 Posts