Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just again drove from New Jersey to south Florida. We made it in 3 tanks of gas and hand calculated did 21.3 miles per gallon.
It was a very comfortable and pleasant ride as always with zero complaints. The truck now has 39,400 TROUBLE FREE miles on it in 19 months.

Clint

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's awesome, Clint. I only have 7100 miles on my 2018 and I still love it every time I drive it. Especially after putting the pedal commander on. I'll never understand why it didn't come this way from the factory.

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's awesome, Clint. I only have 7100 miles on my 2018 and I still love it every time I drive it. Especially after putting the pedal commander on. I'll never understand why it didn't come this way from the factory.
The pedal commander is one of my favorite additions to the truck.

Clint

·
Registered
785 Posts
I agree and must say they got the throttle response refined much better in the 19’ models...

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A very important thing is to always keep tire pressure up to spec.

Clint

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not impossible, I averaged 21mpg from Phoenix to Tombstone AZ. And that was averaging 70mph. Just have to keep your right foot a little on the light side.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Still love my truck, too. Getting in it after several months of driving my little jellybean car in Europe puts a big grin on my face. The engine, steering, and level of comfort/quietness inside the cabin is so nice. The highest highway fuel economy I've seen with my Pro4x was 21.7 mpg with cruise set to 76 mph on flat ground. I got close to that at 21.4 mpg going through the rockies, which is where I got the best mpg in my other car as well. But in southeast Louisiana, I typically average 17-19 mpg on the interstate.

Also, to note, my cousin was in town for the holidays and the biggest thing he was looking forward to was driving my truck since I was loaning it to him. He absolutely loves it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do you guys calculate it or just go with the readout on the dash? My dash is always 1 - 1.5 "happy".

I use the fuelly app to track mine and in the 9300 miles I've put on it, my lifetime average is 13.9 mpg. That does include about 1800 miles of towing a 21' bassboat.

My truck is a stock Pro4X but it always amazes me how much better my wife's Armada (2019 4x2) does on mpg than my truck.

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you guys calculate it or just go with the readout on the dash? My dash is always 1 - 1.5 "happy".

I use the fuelly app to track mine and in the 9300 miles I've put on it, my lifetime average is 13.9 mpg. That does include about 1800 miles of towing a 21' bassboat.

My truck is a stock Pro4X but it always amazes me how much better my wife's Armada (2019 4x2) does on mpg than my truck.
I’ve used Fuelly for every tank/truck since 2010, great useful tool. I do agree the trucks data tool does read a little higher.

Clint

·
Registered
409 Posts
I use fuelly as well. Mine has less than .5 difference with fuelly showing a lifetime of 18.2 over 12k miles. I really enjoy my truck. I had 7 straight days last week when I was at home (and that's over now). Each day I went out to run errands etc including a 146 mile run to Cypress and back. Each time I'd go out I'd count Titans. Most days I'd see only 1 or 2. On the 146 mile trip I counted 7. All 2nd generation.

Would love to get an excuse to do a 400 plus road trip in my truck.

·
Registered
564 Posts
15.76 hand calculated. Mostly back roads, and a few full throttle runs on highway. Still love riding the torque curve with out downshifting!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I use fuelly as well. Mine has less than .5 difference with fuelly showing a lifetime of 18.2 over 12k miles. I really enjoy my truck. I had 7 straight days last week when I was at home (and that's over now). Each day I went out to run errands etc including a 146 mile run to Cypress and back. Each time I'd go out I'd count Titans. Most days I'd see only 1 or 2. On the 146 mile trip I counted 7. All 2nd generation.

Would love to get an excuse to do a 400 plus road trip in my truck.
My parents keep their boat at a marina where I live, and every time I'm in that parking lot, I see at least 4 titans hooked up to trailers. One time, there was 11 and this is a pretty dang small marina.It always blows my mind, because it is pretty rare for me to see 2nd gens out on the road. Looking forward to having my own boat in the near future to tow around, but for now I'm shuttling around my parents' 3,500 lb pontoon boat a few times a year.

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In New Jersey I rarely see other Titans on the road but when I’m in Florida like I currently am, I have seen multiple each day.
it’s too bad many people don’t just take one for a test drive, they’d be surprised at what they are missing.

Clint

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Not impossible, I averaged 21mpg from Phoenix to Tombstone AZ. And that was averaging 70mph. Just have to keep your right foot a little on the light side.
Same here. I consistently get 19-21 mpg.

What some may be missing is whether or not ethanol gas is being used. I use non-ethanol gas.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts