Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My factory radiator failed at 79,000 miles so I installed the Stillen 2 core Performance Aluminum radaitor from CSF. The Install was really easy and straight forward. Here are some photos.

Attachments

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
942 Posts
Cool, let us know if you see any difference in the temps after you have driven it a bit, be interested to see if the CSF rad has better flow than OEM and if it helps to keep the trans temps cooler.

Reactions: 08crewcab

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More pictures.

This swap was done in the my school parking garage with a basic tool set so it was very very easy. I also have a aftermarket water temp gauge installed in my truck and with everday driving around it ran about the same temp but with the 2 core radiator while my truck was stopped in trafffic idleing or while towing temps used to climp faster where with this new radiator they seem to stay lower. I have only towed once since the install and it was up to Showlow Az. so I did climb but temps stayed around normal everyday temps.

Attachments

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trans temps I havn't seen climb at all our trucks have an external trans cooler and a internal one in the lower portion of the radiator so the new radiator shouldn't make to big of a difference on trans temps besides the coolant staying lower temps for the internal cooler.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh one more thing the factory temp gauge I have seen no change at all. I have only seen the difference with the aftermarket gauge installed in my A piller. The gauge use to stay around 170-190 and 200 if stopped in traffic or idleing for a long time and now it will stay around the 170 mark idleing in traffic where is use to raise. The factory gauge always stays below the middle off to the cooler side a little.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Oh one more thing the factory temp gauge I have seen no change at all. I have only seen the difference with the aftermarket gauge installed in my A piller. The gauge use to stay around 170-190 and 200 if stopped in traffic or idleing for a long time and now it will stay around the 170 mark idleing in traffic where is use to raise. The factory gauge always stays below the middle off to the cooler side a little.
Cool, thanks for the update! yea, i have heard our OEM temp gauges are not very reliable, just a basic idea of temps, but your aftermarket gauge should be pretty accurate. Glad to hear that the temps are stable in traffic and don't rise as much as with the OEM radiator. Might have to go and upgrade my radiator now.....especially with this Texas heat right around the corner. thanks for the great pics and updates!

·
Registered
924 Posts
WOW another radiator failing at the dreaded plastic tab, all 3 of mine have failed at the same spot. You would think they would redesigned these damn things, but no. That radiator looks good. What was the price for it?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Stillen radiator was on sale I got the monthly sale email about a week after my OEM radaitor started leaking.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
WOW another radiator failing at the dreaded plastic tab, all 3 of mine have failed at the same spot. You would think they would redesigned these damn things, but no. That radiator looks good. What was the price for it?
So the Stillen doesn't utilize the same plastic tab area?

·
Premium Member
58,745 Posts
Reactions: LD5050

·
Premium Member
58,745 Posts
I got mine last Saturday. It's not a radiator. It's a work of art. My OEM radiator is working fine right now so the new one will have to wait another couple of weeks for the installation.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya change it out before it fails on a road trip and your on the side of the road somewhere with a brand new radiator siting in your garage. Also I had to trim a little of the shroud for the fan to clear while the motor was under a load it would tap so I had to cut away some of the shroud because the thicker radiator pushes it back closer to the fan.

·
Registered
41 Posts
.....Also I had to trim a little of the shroud for the fan to clear while the motor was under a load it would tap so I had to cut away some of the shroud because the thicker radiator pushes it back closer to the fan.
Where did you end up trimming the shroud at? On the sides?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where did you end up trimming the shroud at? On the sides?
I had to trim the shroud on the right hand side if your standing in front of the truck. The left side is wider and has flaps and clears just fine it just gets close on the right side right in the middle of the shroud where it gets skinnier.
I will try and take photos of the shroud as best I can without removing it again. I removed about an inch off the shroud and it clears perfect now.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Had mine in for 10k miles now. After market temp gauge on my a-pillar is a steady 180*, idling around town maybe 185*, Tranny 165 highway. 165-195 towing (i have an aux tranny cooler intstalled though). Great new price. I paid a lot more for mine. :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Has anyone got a photo of the plastic tab failure?? Mine overheated today and my mechanic told me on the phone that it looked like someone bored a hole just below the cap and put a hose in. I can't remember what all he said but it seemed to him like someone had rigged it to not overheat.

·
Premium Member
58,745 Posts
Does anybody know if these fit an 11 Titan?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In the begging of the post I have some pictures of where my radiator failed typically they crack along the bottom.

And yes the radiator will fit they havnt redesigned the truck yet.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts