Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2006 LE 4X4 crew cab. Just ordered a Stillen front sway bar, what should I expect as far as handling changes??? Are the changes I've read about as incredible as they say??

·
Registered
435 Posts
I am very pleased with Stillen Front Sway Bar. Even with the Stillen Rear Sway Bar already installed, I immediately felt the improved stability after the front bar was installed. Like my screen name, it drives like a TitanZ...smiling.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I hoped. That 4X4 is heavy on the front anyway. NOT like the old 05' 2wd....Can't wait till friday.

·
Super Moderator
159,630 Posts
debos titan said:
now you can take turns a ludachris speeds
Not on those SRA's he's running. :lol:

Now how about the Hellwig rear too?

·
Registered
52 Posts
TitanZ04 said:
I am very pleased with Stillen Front Sway Bar. Even with the Stillen Rear Sway Bar already installed
I see references to the Stillen rear sway bar but when I go to stillen.com to order it never shows up. Where did you get yours from?

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Call direct and talk with Kyle to uy the Rear Sway Bar. They are not making the Rear anymore, as it didn't sell well and was basically sold near cost. They still have some though. I just bought mine about 6 weeks ago. Front and Rear. I love my 2-3/4 ton Go-Kart! Amazing how flat the cornereing is, no weebles, no wobbles!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Are there fitment issues with the PRG 4 in lift?

·
Super Moderator
159,630 Posts
There shouldn't be any fitment issues. They sell different lengths of links, just buy the one appropriate for your lift.

And sure, why not on a lifted truck? At least moderately lifted.

·
Registered
596 Posts
There will be no fitment issues with any lift kits. It doesn't matter if you have a 2 inch leveling kit or a 15 inch bulletproof lift. The front sway bar will work perfectly fine for you. You will only need extended end links for the rear sway bar. We have those in stock as well. But, for the front bar, you will be fine with whatever end links you currently have.

I don't think the 4" spindle lift requires extended end links, I do know that the 6-8 inch lift kits all come with extended end links and they all mount up to our bar.

·
Registered
188 Posts
crownsey54 said:
would you use them on a lifted truck?
On a lifted truck you probably have more sway than on a stock suspension truck and unless you want/need articulation (rock climbing, etc), the sway bars would be a great idea.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Carbeaux said:
Not on those SRA's he's running. :lol:

Now how about the Hellwig rear too?
Whats funny about the SRAs???? It's a 4X4 TRUCK, SRAs are an excellent balance between street and off-road. I can't help it if someone put long stretches of cement between the mudholes:rolleyes: Now, if I still had my 05' KC 2WD, different story. Oh yeah, Carbeaux, watch out for those potholes:coolsmile

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is the front sway bar pretty easy to install? Do you need any special tools?

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
Luper said:
Is the front sway bar pretty easy to install? Do you need any special tools?
Nothing special required. A metric socket set, metric box open wrenches, a breaker bar will take care of it. If you have a skid plate, you need to take that off. It uses the OEM bushings. If your bushings are old/worn, you might want to get a couple of new sway bar bushings from the dealer (they are cheap).

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
jessefrank said:
On a lifted truck you probably have more sway than on a stock suspension truck and unless you want/need articulation (rock climbing, etc), the sway bars would be a great idea.
That's kind of what I was thinking.

·
Registered
789 Posts
reservoirdog said:
Whats funny about the SRAs???? It's a 4X4 TRUCK, SRAs are an excellent balance between street and off-road. I can't help it if someone put long stretches of cement between the mudholes:rolleyes: Now, if I still had my 05' KC 2WD, different story. Oh yeah, Carbeaux, watch out for those potholes:coolsmile
the SRA's do not have a lot of traction. they ride nice but slip easily on take off. if you try to turn real hard on them the sidewalls will flex and you will hear them start to squeal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
reservoirdog said:
That's what I hoped. That 4X4 is heavy on the front anyway. NOT like the old 05' 2wd....Can't wait till friday.

So it looks like you got the front bar installed. Did you end up passing on the rear? How is the ride with front installed? I need to do something to keep my 07 CC front end from moving around.

JJ

1 - 20 of 28 Posts