Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i recently just purchased all this... stillen headers, high flow cats, and the jba evol system... i have changed my setup two times already and do not have the stock piping anymore... i believe it was changed a 1/4" bigger to 2.5? anyways i think its bigger cause the new piping fits over the piping coming from my stock cats. Should I have them change all the piping back to 2.25 (if thats wrong please let me know)? or should i leave the 2.5 thats on there right now?

also i am a little confused about b-pipes what exactly are they? is it just a pip to connect up where the stocks cats used to be?

anything else i should know before installing this setup?

thanks in advance for all your help!

·
Registered
561 Posts
The b-pipe is the section that bolts up between the exhaust manifold the the section of the exhaust where the y-pipe is. It's where the resonator is located on the 2wd and where the 2nd cat is on 4wd.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
your going to love this setup.. just keep the 2.5" b-pipes. buit everything after the b-pipes needs to stay jba.. you will really love this setup.. i should be installing my Jim wolf cams by this sat I'll letcha know how it goes..

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Toomnymods said:
your going to love this setup.. just keep the 2.5" b-pipes. buit everything after the b-pipes needs to stay jba.. you will really love this setup.. i should be installing my Jim wolf cams by this sat I'll letcha know how it goes..
hey! i was waiting for your reply! so basically im gonna do the headers then bpipes then high flow cats then run the 2.5 pipe to the start of the jba system?

or do the headers then high flow cats then bpipes then run the 2.5 pipe to the start of the jba system?

sorry for the cnfusion i love speed but dont know everything about how it is all set up.

please let me know about the cams which im sure you will... im waiting to get them to save up a little more money

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
the headers will add a nice midrange punch.. the b-pipes are the pipes with the cats.. obviously after you mount up your headers you will see what i'm refering to as b-pipes look under your truck,lol they have cats/resonators.. those will have to be changed when u get headers cause those definatly arent high flow components.. the resos have like a 1 5/8" openeing that severly restricts flow.. I'm going to be trying 2.5" b-pipes next week also, i just wanna make sure im not choking off the top end of my truck.. will get a dyno with the 2.25" and 2.5" b-pipes to make certain after cams are installed..

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
i was thinking of doing something similar to my truck. when you get it all installed we should meet up so i can check it out. thanks, derek

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey Guys
I have an LE 4x4 with Flowmaster 50 series Delta duals . Wanted to know do I have resonatore or a second pair of cats. I was wondering about eliminating Resonatores with a straight pipe or if cats what kind would you suggest to replace them with and cost??
Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Re: Newbee here looking for advice

I've got a 06 5.6 LE and interested in a few mods. So, I'm looking for advice. By the way I have the OEM tow package. I tow a 3500 pound boat from time to time.

I'm interested in a nice throaty exhaust sound similar to what I heard on one of the other threads using a Banks CatBack system.

I'm going to do a little research on the flow master. I only have one exhaust pipe.

What is my best buy for a system that will provide the above.

I'd like to lower my truck 2". Where do I find these kits?

What is the ups and downs to the additional 2 degree of timing?

Which of the above mods would enhance fuel mileage and towing capabilities?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts