Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stillen has there High flow intake on sale for $255. Does anyone run one of these and what do you think. I m thinking baout getting one but wanted to see what the concenses was. It looks like in the picture there might be a cover that goes over the top, any anyone verify this? Do you you guys think this is a good product?

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got one on my 07 Titan that I bought of some guy here on titan talk last year. It does come with a cover that goes on top. It really sounds good once you hit 3000 rpm and up. Below that it sounds stock.

·
Super Moderator
93,256 Posts
Is the filter oiled or dry?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is it oiled or dry and did you notice a difference in the butt dyno or MPG? I know it wont make a huge difference just curious.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The Stillen CAI is a great intake. You can't beat it for the price. You will notice in low end performance. It does come with a lid so it is sealed off to only allow cold air from the fender well. It uses a K&N oiled filter. It also uses the stock intake tube for two reasons.

1. Easy of installation
2. The plastic tube does not get as hot as those CAI that come with a metal intake tube.

I would recomend going ahead and getting the AirRaid/PowerAid TBS while you were under the hood.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Are you also getting a cat back exhaust or muffler swap to compliment the Stillen intake if you were to buy it? I currently have a magnaflow muffler in place of the stock muffler. Like cardman said you will notice some low end increase as well as some top end. I did get lucky when I bought mine as I got mine for $120 brand new from some member here on the forum.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I have a cai and the 22" magnaflow muffler and my neighbor just bought a stock 04 Titan.I wanted to try it against a stock Titan and now I feel like it really helps.We raced four time and I beat him by a truck every time and every time the the distance was made up before 40mph.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I probably will do a muffer swap eventially. Do you have to oil the filter like [email protected]'s. Thanks guys I might have to order this bad boy.

·
Registered
145 Posts
K&N sells cleaning kits for there filters. You can buy them at most any parts store. If you will look at Stillens site they have some great specials on intake and exhaust combos.

Remeber, your truck is just like your body. The more you take in the more you have to get rid of.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Chris93Si said:
Anybody offroading w/ this intake? I'd like to pick one up but am concerned about mud/dirt getting to the filter when offroading. It looks like it'd be pretty well sealed off but I'd like to make sure before buying.
It is completly sealed off with the exception of where it goes into the fender well. This is the same place the factory airbox uses. To see what I am talking about pop your hood and look at your factory airbox. The Stillen CAI does use a diferant spout that goes into the factory whole. It is larger to get more air, but there is no cutting. They simply used all the space that was already there.

So to answer your question. Yes I have used it off road many times. Probably a lot more than most. I bought my Titan 4X4 with the big tow and off road package for just that. I tow my toys and go off road all the time. I have never had any trouble with the intake getting mud,water,dirt etc in it. Remeber the opening is at the very top of the fender which is almost chest high. If you get water or mud up that high you need a snorkle routed up to your roof. LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts