Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,

This is Bobby over at Stillen, I wanted to check in to Titan Talk and to showcase our long tube headers for Titan and Armada. I have a lot of experience with long tubes on a few of my own vehicles as well as hundreds of customer vehicles and it still amazes me the power that these headers will put down to the wheels.

The first thing I need to share is that the guys here at Stillen know EVERYTHING about these trucks. The techs are masters of the VK56 and all of its applications. They have done superchargers, headers, and tuning on everything from a stock Titan to a NV2500 van.

Anyway, back to the headers. These headers are designed to drastically improve the problems that the stock manifolds have, which is a lack of airflow. The headers do this by having a 4 to 1 design. This designs helps the air flow more freely out of the exhaust camber into the header and on down the exhaust system. The header also eliminates the stock cats that are integrated into the stock manifolds. For this reason, they are not emission legal in states that monitor this. This also makes them significantly lighter due to the lightweight stainless steel material and the lack of a catalytic converter. The lack of the cat also drastically reduces the temperature of the engine bay as it removes two cats that reach extreme temperatures.

On the headers, we keep the factory O2 sensor in the merger pipe to keep an accurate reading of the exhaust. We provide an emulator that eliminates the check engine light. For the 07+ models, they may require further tuning by UpRev to get rid of the check engine light.

One of the other innovations that Stillen’s headers focused on was to learn from the downfalls of the stock manifolds and make improvements. A major problem the many of the stock manifolds faced was cracking or warping of the flanges. To avoid this, Stillen increases the thickness of the flange to avoid future warping and cracking but not too thick as it still fits with factory hardware.

The options when choosing the header is whether or not to get the ceramic coated headers. The obvious difference between the ceramic versus non-ceramic is the color, but the polished and chrome look also offers better reduction of heat soaking. It allows more of the exhaust gas heat to stay inside of the pipes instead of spreading to the engine bay.

Now to the numbers. We have recorded the power increase on the headers from 25-30 WHEEL horsepower. The headers also increase the throttle response and add a nice rumble to the exhaust. These headers really open up the 5.6 liter to its full potential on a stock tune. Combined with an intake, some B-pipes, and an exhaust will increase the power of the Titan by almost 45-50 wheel horsepower. That kind of power is impossible not to notice.

If you guys have any questions on the Stillen long tube headers or any of the other Stillen products, please send me a pm or give me a call.

-BobbyB

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I'm gonna look at these this summer. Stock manifolds definitely suck and now that my T is paid off this looks more affordable than a new truck payment!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 06 CC, ho do I get rid of the Check Engine light, they said it was a CAT Converter problem, I have aftermarket Headers, how do I get rid of this light? Thank You

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the Stillen headers on my 05 crew cab for 3 years. Best bang for the buck on these trucks....the stock manifolds are awful and for $1100 each side they are junk...

Stillen headers make nice power and fit great, no leaks

For whatever I paid for them between $6-700 they were a steal!! And you can make them work with stock or aftermarket exhaust in the rear depending on sound preference and make noticeable power gains.

·
Registered
14,080 Posts
I want these.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts