Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching through the threads and haven't found a whole lot on the stillen rear diff cover. I've done my research and I know that it will bring down the temp and increase my fluid levels but what I can't find is a DIY thread. How hard is this mod? Has anyone actually done this themselves and if so is there a thread out there? Really want to do this mod but I want to do it myself. Any help here would be awesome!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don't know about the Stillen diff. But I got the PML rear diff cover for my 2004. It was really easy to replace. First have a bucket to drain all the fluid. Then remove all the bolts holding cover on. Don't remember how many? Then I had to scrape the Gasket material off. Clean with solvent. Check gears for any junk or damage. Put new bead of gasket on truck part of diff. Then align cover and replace all bolts and tighten in cross pattern. Don't remember torque. Fill diff with fresh oil , I used Amsoil. Replace fill plug check for leaks done:)

Reactions: slater_pro4x

·
Registered
989 Posts
Like surfmonkey said, its pretty easy to do yourself. I also second the PML rear diff cover. It has a larger capacity like the others, but also has larger cooling fins than the others.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts