Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
SD_Titan said:
Wheres your Rear Bumper??
Be careful for rolling bears. I had a recent run in with them just for my Banks exhaust system (27151A VC).

Rear bumpers are required by California Vehicle Code.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
screw cali laws, them liberals need to all rot in hell :domohit:
main reason i left that state back 6 yrs ago couldnt mod anything on a vehicle without some overzealous cop giving you a damn fix it ticket

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Toomnymods said:
prob going to get the stillen rear rollpan, i need one too the bumper is a useless 80lbs.. least for drag racing it is..
Whoa! I didn't know it weighed that much!

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
if it wasnt for the steel reinforcement in there prob only weight 25lbs, but try to take it off,lol make sure you have help cause u will damage your truck otherwise if you done have someone to hold it steady while removing it..

·
Registered
168 Posts
A.I.I.Raciing said:
No there not, that's why you can buy a Brand new truck straight off the lot without a rear bumper....
Not 100% true. Depends on your situation (good luck proving it). Oh, and BTW, just because you can buy it doesn't mean that it's legal. And I quote:

"Every passenger vehicle registered in this state shall be equipped with a front bumper and with a rear bumper. As used in this section, "bumper" means any device designed and intended by a manufacturer to prevent the front or rear of the body of the vehicle from coming into contact with any other motor vehicle. This section shall not apply to any passenger vehicle that is required to be equipped with an energy absorption system pursuant to either state or federal law, or to any passenger vehicle which was not equipped with a front or rear bumper, or both, at the time that it was first sold and registered under the laws of this or any other state or foreign jurisdiction." 28071 CVC.

For your convenience: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc28071.htm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts