Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im looking into gettign a super charger and was wondering what a good price for one would be right now?

also anyone with a supercharger ...if yall dont mind posting how much yall got em for. and how much it was to install

·
Registered
555 Posts
They run about 6K brand new from Stillen. Around another grand for install. Someone posted a link for someone else who's selling one on eBay. Might want to check that out. Last I saw, the bid was @ 2.5K.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i saw the -bay listing for it but i dont know what vehicle its off of and according to stillen if its off of the armada then i would need to get the piggy back ecu reflashed

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
You have two choices now. Stillen and Vortech...

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Has anyone towed with a supercharger? Does it help in the low to mid-range?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Check out Stillens web site. The price just went from $5,999 to $6,234.80. Mine was $7,300 installed after washington state tax.

·
Registered
422 Posts
of course a supercharger will help almost all of its power is made in the low to mid range because it runs off the belt, it gives you power from the get go and doesnt have lag like a turbo, but unlike a supercharger a turbo will pick up in the top and keep going.
:crying:

·
Registered
324 Posts
import2nr said:
yeah i saw the -bay listing for it but i dont know what vehicle its off of and according to stillen if its off of the armada then i would need to get the piggy back ecu reflashed
That's a hell of a deal. The reflash is only $125.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Stillen has a deal right now on price and install, if you also have or want cams. They want to make a tune for peeps that want both, they will install the cams cheap as well.
If you just want a cheap price on a blower... Search for Markislive. He sold his titan but is still around the forums. It barely has any miles on it too

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
hold your money just a bit longer. We may have a Vortech kit showing it's mighty head again soon.....Watch for it.

FYI for added expense. Also with any S/C you'll need to prepare to dump your factory cats. They all dump loads of fuel over 65% loads which the extra fuel cause the cats to fail over time.

For added peace of mind get a AFR gauge and tranny cooler like the one I installed or Qship did.

Lastly the installation of the Stillen/Vortec kit is not difficult just time consuming. Toughest part is the fuel pump and wiring harness but I think they fixed that with the new harnesses.

·
Registered
42 Posts
GR8WHITE said:
of course a supercharger will help almost all of its power is made in the low to mid range because it runs off the belt, it gives you power from the get go and doesnt have lag like a turbo, but unlike a supercharger a turbo will pick up in the top and keep going.
Actually, according to the dyno chart from Stillen the S/C maintains it's power through redline.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
The horsepower climbs until you redline. If I punch from a dead stop, it will hit 6200 rpm and shift.

The trick for my truck is to shift it manually right before 6000 rpm. That way it will stay in the power. It reminds of how the drag racers shift. The rpm come so fast it's bang, bang, bang, bang.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts