Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2761 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if any one has installed a super charger from stillen? i have one on my 2008 nissan titan and am having problems with it pinging, mis firing and straight up running like poop at higher rpms. usually when the super charger kicks in. we have checked fuel presure, changed noc sens, checked for vac leaks had nissan check for codes. changed plugs, checked back press on cats, air flow in, air flow out, changed fuel,coolent syst, head gaskits, rings and pistons, have sent the computor back to stillen it checks out, so they say. cleaned injectors so on and so on. my truck has been up for two months now and nobody knows including stillen please help, any one its driving me nuts. any help is better than none at all

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Who installed it?

·
Registered
324 Posts
You said you checked the coolant system, did you check the intercooler res. level? If your intercooler is dumping coolant into the motor it would certainly cause a misfire(Stillen had some problems with bad intercoolers). It also sounds like you may have installation problems. Search the forums, there is alot written up on this.

·
Registered
781 Posts
wondering if any one has installed a super charger from stillen? i have one on my 2008 nissan titan and am having problems with it pinging, mis firing and straight up running like poop at higher rpms. usually when the super charger kicks in. we have checked fuel presure, changed noc sens, checked for vac leaks had nissan check for codes. changed plugs, checked back press on cats, air flow in, air flow out, changed fuel,coolent syst, head gaskits, rings and pistons, have sent the computor back to stillen it checks out, so they say. cleaned injectors so on and so on. my truck has been up for two months now and nobody knows including stillen please help, any one its driving me nuts. any help is better than none at all
damn you have the most expensive truck on here.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
You said you checked the coolant system, did you check the intercooler res. level? If your intercooler is dumping coolant into the motor it would certainly cause a misfire(Stillen had some problems with bad intercoolers). It also sounds like you may have installation problems. Search the forums, there is alot written up on this.
I'm thinking about switching to the Powerflows and getting rid of the Stillen headers.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The numbers on the Powerflow headers look good, 28 whp @ 6,000rpm. I'm still running STOCK... I know, I know, but with the loss of HP I experienced with the Stillen headers and the warranty coverage I have now I can't justify spending the money on new headers. Let us know how the Powerflows work out if you pull the trigger on 'em.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I would have bought the Powerflow headers from another member but I was told by Stillen that they would not tune for them. I should have gotten them anyway. They are better suited for boosted applications.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes we did have a problem with the intercooler leaking into the motor and screwing up the plugs. we got a new one and replaced it now the res stays full and no more bad plugs. i had two certified macanics work on it where i get all my stuff worked on they did a great job 3 times now now were just scratchen our heads. the one thing is that it was working great at one time other than a belt that had to be replaced and a intercooler that had to be changed. now everyone is just throwing up there hands leaving me with a dead truck that has cost me more money than i can afford and no truck to work with.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
yes we did have a problem with the intercooler leaking into the motor and screwing up the plugs. we got a new one and replaced it now the res stays full and no more bad plugs. i had two certified macanics work on it where i get all my stuff worked on they did a great job 3 times now now were just scratchen our heads. the one thing is that it was working great at one time other than a belt that had to be replaced and a intercooler that had to be changed. now everyone is just throwing up there hands leaving me with a dead truck that has cost me more money than i can afford and no truck to work with.
I've been there.

Have you had someone check your truck with the Consult?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I don't know much about forced induction. Looking at it from another angle, you mentioned that you have an 08. Is it possible that the Stillen piggyback won't work on an 08, since the ECU is different than earlier years?

Did the supercharger ever work properly at one time, or has it always run poorly?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I hope they gave you a Bell intercooler as a replacememt, if not, I can almost guarantee that thing will start leaking again( I went through 4 or 5, each one lasted about 1,400 miles). I would tell who ever you had do the install to either get it working(now) or take it off and give me my money back. Did you purchase through the same place it was installed? Was it a Nissan dealership that installed it? There is always someone higher on the totem pole, the higher you go the more you will get accomplished. Document everything.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what do mean consult? the s/c was purchased directly from stillen and installed by the macanic that does all my work, i have never had problems with him in the past he also does a lot of performance work. i am also not sure about the ecu i spoke with stillen directly and told them everything that was done to the truck including the year they asured me it would work. the computor was sent back they said it was fine. the truck ran fine for awhile then it started running bad after about 2000 miles

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
it shouldn't be to dificult to check out its been at the same shop for two months now

·
Registered
324 Posts
2 weeks after my S/C install, whenever I would get on it the truck would just fall on it's face, unable to drive over 50 mph, rpms would not go above something like 1,500. Threw no codes. Finally was able to get it to repeat the problem with the mechanic in the truck and hooked up to the consult. The MAFS readings were all over the place!!! New sensor installed and ran great. Just throwing out ideas.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
consult is the scanner that the dealerships use to check for codes and all the readings of the engine. I live in ocala and go to gainesville every now and then, i'd love to see that monster sometime. i'll actually be heading up that way in a few weeks to go to the raceway and try out my new hypertech. if you have the beast running good by then you should come along. even with that lift and 36's you should still be hauling some a$$ in the 1/4. wouldn't that be cool to see a HUGE titan slaying mustangs in the 1/4!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
well another day is at its end the shop guys have absolutely no idea what is wrong with the truck except they think its getting worse and stillen has nothing to say except the old poo they have been feeding us for the last 2 months i guess at this point i have about a $60,000 paper weight. any one have paper they need held down?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that would be cool but no one has any idea what is wrong with my truck except it might be getting worse

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
do you knowwich sensor was replaced we have already tried a but load

1 - 20 of 2761 Posts