Nissan Titan Forum banner

2721 - 2740 of 2761 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
a few more items lurking about.

all new spare trans hoses/lines on hand.
fuel pump assy lock ring O ring for the new pump install on hand
725cc injectors and plug n play harness`s ordered
and just ordered a new fan clutch and bits just to swap out while I`m in there.

choosing a colder range plug if necc on deck.:wink:

·
Registered
62 Posts
a few more items lurking about.

all new spare trans hoses/lines on hand.
fuel pump assy lock ring O ring for the new pump install on hand
725cc injectors and plug n play harness`s ordered
and just ordered a new fan clutch and bits just to swap out while I`m in there.

choosing a colder range plug if necc on deck.:wink:
awesome Bur, hope everything goes so smooth with you.

keep up great work Sir, we r following you... am considering Stillen charger lately instead of GTM Procharger. learning from you.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
awesome Bur, hope everything goes so smooth with you.

keep up great work Sir, we r following you... am considering Stillen charger lately instead of GTM Procharger. learning from you.
Thanks for the kind words!
I`m trying to be thorough with support mods and following with a very good shop that will do the Dyno Tune. A must have is starting with a healthy engine. I do realize that anything can break in doing this mod.
For me it is not a drag or race truck, it`s just a driver that I want to enjoy more, simple as that. If all goes well in the early stages then I`ll continue with a better axle/rear set up as well as a better trans. but for now what I have will get me started. I will realize it`s limits and not destroy the weak points willfully. yup, it`s def a lot of work just to hear the whine of a sc under the hood. maybe one of these days I`ll start a build thread.:wink:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for the kind words!
I`m trying to be thorough with support mods and following with a very good shop that will do the Dyno Tune. A must have is starting with a healthy engine. I do realize that anything can break in doing this mod.
For me it is not a drag or race truck, it`s just a driver that I want to enjoy more, simple as that. If all goes well in the early stages then I`ll continue with a better axle/rear set up as well as a better trans. but for now what I have will get me started. I will realize it`s limits and not destroy the weak points willfully. yup, it`s def a lot of work just to hear the whine of a sc under the hood. maybe one of these days I`ll start a build thread.:wink:

following... waiting for the build thread..........

installed the walbro 255lph fuel pump today. another one off the list :rockon
looks good right there. everything goes as you plan hopefully??
most important as you mentioned is Tranny, and rear end.
must handle the power you'll gain.

what's the plan for Tranny level ten or what??

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
following... waiting for the build thread..........

looks good right there. everything goes as you plan hopefully??
most important as you mentioned is Tranny, and rear end.
must handle the power you'll gain.

what's the plan for Tranny level ten or what??
although the trans has a Trans-go kit in it now and is in good shape with low mileage I just don`t think the internals will hold up. So yes, thinking of a level 10 set up. Not to sure if I`m changing the stall speed with a new converter. I like the 2.94 gear set, it makes for a nice highway cruise.
The rear end has a spartan locker and it works just fine as is. But like anything else it has it`s limits and wear items. something will puke if I don`t upgrade.
I`m thinking more along the lines of a D60, currie/strange built F9, and possible a floater. I`ll dig into that when I`m ready.

we are not gaining a ton of power/torque, somewhere between 100-150hp/tq. I`m more inclined to believe we`ll have the higher side of that number based on the support mods already in the truck.

a stock 4x4 with stock mani`s and cats only made 100 more on the dyno. he was rolling on 35`s or 37`s and was lifted and heavy.

We are lighter and 2wd.:big_grin:

·
Registered
14,104 Posts
Gonna be a fun truck when it's all done. That's for sure.

·
Registered
62 Posts
although the trans has a Trans-go kit in it now and is in good shape with low mileage I just don`t think the internals will hold up. So yes, thinking of a level 10 set up. Not to sure if I`m changing the stall speed with a new converter. I like the 2.94 gear set, it makes for a nice highway cruise.
The rear end has a spartan locker and it works just fine as is. But like anything else it has it`s limits and wear items. something will puke if I don`t upgrade.
I`m thinking more along the lines of a D60, currie/strange built F9, and possible a floater. I`ll dig into that when I`m ready.

we are not gaining a ton of power/torque, somewhere between 100-150hp/tq. I`m more inclined to believe we`ll have the higher side of that number based on the support mods already in the truck.

a stock 4x4 with stock mani`s and cats only made 100 more on the dyno. he was rolling on 35`s or 37`s and was lifted and heavy.

We are lighter and 2wd.:big_grin:
I've had same thoughts I like my 2.94 gear set in my Armada.
but hey believe me when I say you'll have that much gain if you consider Level ten Tranny cuz it'll rate your Titan higher than other Charged trucks with stock Tranny's even with Transgo Kit.

man your truck gonna be rollin. cant wait to see final results.

best of luck Bru.

·
Registered
31 Posts
One day I will get one!

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
hung the tank this morning and hooked everything up. later in the day filled a few cans of 93 oct, put it in and fired up the truck.

next >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Any updates on this SC Project?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Any updates on this SC Project?
GW, truck has been running with the blower on it since it got back from the dyno shop towards the end of October.
still tuning and tweeking as necc, lots of custom stuff done and the work continues on the rig.
it runs pretty good with as heavy as the Titan is with camper shell and tools etc etc. after this next round of important gauges are mounted up and functioning, I`ll be selecting a rear axle assy for the future mod, either an F9 or D60 with a better gear ratio. Then back on the dyno. so far the truck has some nice hardware in it.:wink:

·
Registered
344 Posts
If i can help at all Pale I will. I understand boost fuel maps and AFRs for such. If your pro tuner will allow me to review the maps unlocked, I would be happy to send him my idea :))

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Hey Jon!!! What is up Brother!

Been a looong time since i have heard from ya...

How have you been man?

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
GW, truck has been running with the blower on it since it got back from the dyno shop towards the end of October.
still tuning and tweeking as necc, lots of custom stuff done and the work continues on the rig.
it runs pretty good with as heavy as the Titan is with camper shell and tools etc etc. after this next round of important gauges are mounted up and functioning, I`ll be selecting a rear axle assy for the future mod, either an F9 or D60 with a better gear ratio. Then back on the dyno. so far the truck has some nice hardware in it.
Sounds Great!

Thank you very much for the update on your T!!!

I have always loved the sound of a Supercharged VK & would love to see/hear a video of it in action if possible?

Happy Modding!

-GW77

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Sounds Great!

Thank you very much for the update on your T!!!

I have always loved the sound of a Supercharged VK & would love to see/hear a video of it in action if possible?

Happy Modding!

-GW77
Look up my old truck if you want to here one haha

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
jpac, tell me more about your truck. maybe we have similar mods, but I`m 2wd so a bit lighter...
Well I no longer have it. I sold it back in 2012 or 2013 but it had the blower, stillen long tubes, borla cat back, tru trac, IPT built tranny, Rancho lift, and a whole bunch of other things. It was a heavy guy. I believe it weighed 6200 without me in it. You can find videos of it on my YouTube, jpac811.

2721 - 2740 of 2761 Posts