Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my Stillen dual rear exit cat back put on a day early. I just got back from my test drive. This system is perfect for me. It is just a little louder at start up, almost stock at idle, but when you punch it,,,holy cow. The volume is loud but not obscene and it has this deep tone that just sounds mean. We have had snow and freezing rain the past couple days, so I couldn't hit it hard as I wanted to, but the power gain is very noticeable. I am told it will only get more impressive as the ECU learns it has more to work with. The install was straight forward, about 2 hours including removal of the old exhaust and a couple beer breaks. There were zero issues with the product or the instructions. This experience with Stillen is now complete and I could not be happier, I am sure there will be more. As for the pictures....1. It's winter here so sorry the truck is dirty 2. It is night, did the best I could for now but will take more tomorrow 3. I included a couple shots of other accessories I have including the PRG leveling kit, my lighted visor, nerf bars, and you can almost see my grill guard. Now I just have to do something about those tires!!!!!!!

EDIT: THERE ARE NEW DAYTIME PICS BELOW.

Attachments

·
Registered
754 Posts
Glad you like your new exaust. is stillen the only company who makes the tips like those? Ive seen a titan around where I live with tips like those and was wondering what type of exhaust it was.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
Lucky!! I wish it was snowing here so I can have some fun in it.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dom249 said:
Glad you like your new exaust. is stillen the only company who makes the tips like those? Ive seen a titan around where I live with tips like those and was wondering what type of exhaust it was.
No, just about everyone puts a polished or chrome tip on their cat backs. They all look pretty similar. If you get up close, most have the name etched into the tip.

·
Registered
754 Posts
luvbelly said:
No, just about everyone puts a polished or chrome tip on their cat backs. They all look pretty similar. If you get up close, most have the name etched into the tip.
yeah i know they all put tips.i probably didnt explain myself enough. I ment how your tips at the end how it has the vshape right at the end and goes back in.
if there the only type of people who make exhaust with those type of tips.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
yeah dude! love my system too. it'll get louder as you work it in, but my favorite is the compliments on the tips.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm in the reserch phase of the exhuast upgrade and like the idea of the slightly louder / better flow options such as described by LuvBelly.

So far it seems like I favor the JBA catback settup.

From looking at the Stillen web site, it apears that their system doesnt replace the pinched down Y-Pipe as most others do. Is there another fix for this or is it not considered a problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts