Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got some questions about these wheels.

I've been searching for some for sale, and I've read some threads about them. So far, I've seen them described as grey, gunmetal, charcoal, anthracite, etc.

I would call the normal stock 18's "silver." My question is, is there more than version of these wheels that are darker than the normal "silver?" I've seen where someone said they had the "grey" ones but not the "anthracite" ones, which confused me.

Also, does anyone have any pictures of them on their trucks? Thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P's Titan said:
Nissan made a charcoal color for a year ( 05's and some 06's I believe ) then went back to what you call silver.

Pretty sure those were the years but yes there were two different shades of wheels
But there aren't two different shades of the darker version, right?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nissan had the Gunmetal 5 spoke wheels in 04 and 05. 06 they didn't offer that option.

The standard is the silver 5 spoke wheels. That is what came on my 06.

You can't confuse the two. One is a dark grey and the other is a radiant silver.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
These wheels were pushed into production when the Titans were "blacking" the wheels with brake dust.Once the brake problems were fixed,away went the darker wheels and they brought back the silver exclusively

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thanks guys. I was trying to make sure that there weren't two different types of darker colored wheels, like:

option 1 - standard silver wheels

option 2 - grey wheels

option 3 - even darker grey wheels

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
ScottK said:
Ok, thanks guys. I was trying to make sure that there weren't two different types of darker colored wheels, like:

option 1 - standard silver wheels

option 2 - grey wheels

option 3 - even darker grey wheels
Nope, only two. The silver ones and the darker ones. Some people call the silver ones grey, and that may be part of the confusion. But gunmetal, anthracite, dark grey, etc are all the same wheel. And they were only available on the 05 SE model Titan's, they were not on the 04's like someone else mentioned.

·
Registered
718 Posts
docweedon said:
Nissan had the Gunmetal 5 spoke wheels in 04 and 05. 06 they didn't offer that option.

The standard is the silver 5 spoke wheels. That is what came on my 06.

You can't confuse the two. One is a dark grey and the other is a radiant silver.
There are also 6-spoke wheels (as I have on my 06 LE).

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
My truck has the gunmetal wheels or grey wheels, they only came on Titans during the first half of 05.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just picked up a spare set or rims that i want to have powder coated. Is there a color code for the charcoal color? How do i match it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts