Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe someone can answer this:

can a 2009 titan with true duals, borla, intake street tires..NO TUNE OR HEADERS BEAT a 2006 titan with LT headers, cam, and tune with slicks on the back?

from a 30 roll

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
unless something is seriously wrong with the 06' NO WAY! the 06 has a real tune on the dyno right not a programmer??

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
unless something is seriously wrong with the 06' NO WAY! the 06 has a real tune on the dyno right not a programmer??
The guy in the 06 told me its a UPREV tune. The reason i asked is because i have finally got 3 runs with titans.

1st
run was against the 09 titan that beat the 06 modded titan. From a 30 roll the 09 got me by a fender and from a 60 roll we went dead even until 105 cause i hit speed govener.

2nd
I was on my way to the gym when i had a 4 door titan on 20's pull up next to me going around 60 mph. I wanted to honk with 3 honk but he took off on the 1st honk and i sucked him back in and when i pulled a fender he let off.
TITAN modds UNKNOWN

3rd
i see a titan going in and out of traffic so i pull next to him around 60 mph and he looks and laughs and tells me to go so i took the jump and pulled 2 trucks by 105. I slowe down to have him run again and he didnt even look my way. Yes he was going for it case i looked in my rear view mirror and he was passing cars haulin *** too

So these have been my experiences with titan in my 2010 but The 2009 that beat me from a 30 and dead even from a 60 roll surprises me cause he beat the hell out of the modded 2006. I talked to the guy in the 2006 and all he said he has is true duals, 2.5 inch piping, ram air intake....

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the 09 beat the modded 06 by like 1.5-2 trucks......Either the 09 is lying about his modds or something isnt right....

If thats the case then i can beat the modded 2006 in my stock 2010

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
So are you lookin' for that elusive Titan that will spank tha' azz? Come over to AL. I'll buy the beer.

L

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So are you lookin' for that elusive Titan that will spank tha' azz? Come over to AL. I'll buy the beer.

L
LOL i wouldnt mind a road trip but gas is to damn expensive. I drive it at 60 MPH cruise control....LOL

BUt spank my *** nahhhhhhh unless your modded big time

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
weird an 06 with all those mods should whoop up on you....as for the 09 beating the 06 by that much something isnt adding up...

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I go to Houston about 2-3 times a year, I'll let you know.............................................:banasex0r

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but on a serious note:
Can a STOCK 09 with better intake manifold,better cams from factory beat a tuned, cammed, LT headers 06 TITAN

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
but on a serious note:
Can a STOCK 09 with better intake manifold,better cams from factory beat a tuned, cammed, LT headers 06 TITAN
I say no. They SAY the newer ones with the different manifold have what,,,10 more hp? maybe it needed a driver mod?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
but on a serious note:
I highly doubt it.

The JWT cammed, LT guys are running what? Low-mid 13's?

The 07+ intake manifold only added about 10-15rwhp from what I've read and the VVT is what makes the difference with the cams if I'm not mistaken.

A stock 09 isn't going to be running mid 13's like a cammed 06.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
At a track in the 1/4 mile? Isn't WOT restriction going to kill the untuned 09 ?
If it's a 4x4, the WOT restriction allows WOT to enable at only 20 mph.
When I got UpRev tuned they said about the best they could do with turning the WOT restriction off was limit it to 13mph.
If 2wd, WOT is enabled at 40 mph which would for sure kill the 09.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Well i talked to the owner of the 06 and he told me that he was told the 09 titan had LT headers but unknow of the tune part, funny thing he didnt tell me he had headers all he told me is that he redid his exhuast

I think the 06 titan has a video let me ask him.

·
Registered
869 Posts
From a roll is not racing. If it was there would be a roll space at the track. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
20,950 Posts
FWIW, on my '07 4x4 the OEM WOT is at about 12 MPH, not 20. Uprev logs (stock tune) confirmed this.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
FWIW, on my '07 4x4 the OEM WOT is at about 12 MPH, not 20. Uprev logs (stock tune) confirmed this.
And my stock 05 4x2 logged full throttle at ~20 MPH, not the 40 MPH others have logged.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts