Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for days on this site and other places and I can't find the answer. I have a 2010 Titan Pro 4X and I need to find out the stock exhaust pipe size. Anybody know for sure what it is on a 2010?

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think it's 2.5" OD, but to be sure, you could crawl under yours and measure it. Find a straight section of the exhaust and wrap a piece of paper around the pipe and mark where the paper overlaps itself. Measure that length for the circumfrence. Divide that number by pi (3.14159.......:)). This will give you the outer diameter of the pipe.

Or you could wait for someone to confirm the size.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. Thanks. I'll go ahead and measure it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm trying to do the dynomax bullet mod and I want to make sure I get the right size.

·
Premium Member
76,964 Posts
I'm 99% positive it's 2.5", like earz mentioned. I don't think that's changed.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm 99% positive it's 2.5", like earz mentioned. I don't think that's changed.
So if it is 2.5, then I would need to order the flowmaster y with a 2.5 in/ 3 out right?

I know that might sound like a silly question but I just need to verify....i read about a thousand posts regarding regarding this bullet mod and I kept reading that most people were purchasing the 2.25 in/ 3 out.

·
Premium Member
76,964 Posts
So if it is 2.5, then I would need to order the flowmaster y with a 2.5 in/ 3 out right?

I know that might sound like a silly question but I just need to verify....i read about a thousand posts regarding regarding this bullet mod and I kept reading that most people were purchasing the 2.25 in/ 3 out.

ACK! I can't remember exactly. Seems like 2.5 in 3 out is correct, I don't remember much about 2.25" piping. I'm sure someone will clear this up. :lol:

·
Premium Member
76,964 Posts
Ok, I found it. I couldn't leave you hanging. :lol: This is from O-FiveCC's sticky post in the performance forum.

04-06 Titan OEM exhaust set-up is a y-pipe set up. You have Oem manifolds with catalytic convertors (cats) welded to them. Then you go into the b-pipes. The B-pipes are the approximate 2-3' piece of exhaust after the OEM manifolds. If you are a 2wd 04-06, you have hollow resonators factory installed. If you have a 4wd 04-06, you have factory cats. The b-pipes are 2" and crimp down to a little less then 2" after the resonator. The 4x4 secondary cats are useless and not needed, you will notice all O2 sensors (in b-pipes) and AFR sensors (in manifolds) are before the second set of cats, therefore making the secondary cats pointless.
After the B-pipes, you have the factory catback system. It has 2" dual pipes that merge together into a "Y" setup. Then it is a single 2.5" pipe all the way to the muffler. After the muffler is 3" and 2.5" pipe. The OEM "Y" section is very restrictive. Best way to improve this exhaust is to replace the "Y" union and replace muffler. Jegs sells a Flowmaster Y pipe. This y-pipe will flow much better then OEM. OEM size is 2" dual to 2.5" single. You also may want to look into upgrading to 2.25" dual in and 3" single out. I am talking about the Y union here

2007+ OEM Titan exhaust set-up. The manifold and b-pipe set-up on the 2007+ Titan is the same as the 4wd 04-06. You have a set of cats welded to the manifolds and a set of secondary cats. The OEM catback, however, is different. After the b-pipes, it remains a 2.25" dual set-up until the muffler. After the muffler, it is a single tailpipe. This is actually a very good exhaust system, and a simple muffler swap will give you great performance.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice! Good looking out bro. I really appeciate it. 2.25 it is. Gonna order tomorrow.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got all the parts ordered today now the waiting game begins..... Just got my intake today gonna install on friday.

Reactions: OneQuick06

·
Premium Member
76,964 Posts
Cool! Give us an update after you get it all tucked in.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I thought the stock pipes were 2.25" as well until I cut off my muffler and measured them. The factory system is 2" pipe into the muffler and 3" exit. Not a big difference but yes a simple muffler swap is the trick.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Found or this morning that the stock pipes are in fact 2 in and I ordered 2.25. Nothing a good welder can't fix just thot id let anybody searching this question know. My 2010 has 2 in pipes before the muffler.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Any idea on what muffler is the best for just a replacement of the muffler
An 18" SI 2.5" DO 2.25" reversible Magnaflow is the most common used muffler replacement

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
its 2.5" to the muffler and 3.5" back of the muffler.
04-06: 2 1/8" from B's to Y, Single 2.5" from Y to Muffler, 2.5" muffler to rear flange, 2.75" after rear flange.

07-Up: Duel 2 1/8" from B's to muffler, Single 2.5" muffler to rear flange, 2.75" after rear flange, 3" at the tip.

2.25" in muffler will work on 07-Up pipes, a good weld cures all.

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
Just ordered mine tonight borla is suppose to b a loud deep tone if your lookin for quieter but still have deep tone stormtrooper says the JBA swap is a good idea.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not to hijack thread. Was going to buy the Borla ProXS 40348, this is dual in and single out yes? I read that it is 2.50 in/out so that should be a problem, i assume. Do you need to get a different tailpipe or can the OEM one be reattached?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts