Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 18" magnaflow on my 2007 Titan. I do like it but I lost some low end and I don't like it. Where would I get a stock exhaust or is it worth it to go up to the 22" magnaflow.seemed quicker with the stock exhaust also have a 18" straight threw exhaust that looks like a magnaflow but isn't was on my truck for 3 days would let go for cheap.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I just bought a 18" magnaflow on my 2007 Titan. I do like it but I lost some low end and I don't like it. Where would I get a stock exhaust or is it worth it to go up to the 22" magnaflow.seemed quicker with the stock exhaust also have a 18" straight threw exhaust that looks like a magnaflow but isn't was on my truck for 3 days would let go for cheap.
Give the ECU some time to learn the new flow with the 18" Magnaflow. I felt the same low RPM torque loss when I swapped for an 18" Mag. way back when. The 18" and 22" will flow the same, and the only difference is the loudness.

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks man yea the lose of low end torque sucks . What is the next best thing to do for performance? Is the drone noise different from 18" to 22"

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Ok thanks man yea the lose of low end torque sucks . What is the next best thing to do for performance? Is the drone noise different from 18" to 22"
The drone will be slightly less with the 22". Add A CAI and handheld programmer.

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Yea I was looking into chips don't know what one really is good? What is cai?
A handheld tuner is not a chip, and CAI stands for cold air intake.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a afe cold air intake coming in the mail.so hopefully that should help also where would i get stock exhaust for a titan if i wanted it? whats a good handheld tunner

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
i have a afe cold air intake coming in the mail.so hopefully that should help also where would i get stock exhaust for a titan if i wanted it? whats a good handheld tunner
Superchips or Bully Dog are both good handheld tuners.

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
if u got a dual in dual out setup then thats whats killing your low end tq, if u want it back get the magnaflow 12258 dual in single out

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
if u got a dual in dual out setup then thats whats killing your low end tq, if u want it back get the magnaflow 12258 dual in single out
yep^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Get a tuner next, that will take care of the low end loss. It feels like you lost more than you did though. Your truck is still faster with the maggy over the stock set-up it's just in the higher rpm's now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it feels a little faster but doesnt spin them off the line so much hahah,yea im looking into chips or programmers.need some more power

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
it feels a little faster but doesnt spin them off the line so much hahah,yea im looking into chips or programmers.need some more power
Aw man, you get that CAI and tuner on it will spin them with ease! There are no such thing as a chip for the Titan just so you know.

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
i have the dual in single out 18"
sweet let the truck relearn the new exhaust setup and she will run great :) i ran 12's with that muffler and some mods :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
if u want it back get the magnaflow 12258 dual in single out

Sorry about the thread reserection but I looked up the 12258 on Summit racing and it says single in dual out. does it matter which way it goes in/out?? I am looking to change my exhaust and can't decide if I want dual or single in but I am sure that I want a Magnaflow and probably 18" if they aren't to loud and to much drone. What do you guys think I should do? Also, I read on mightytitan that I should do 2.25 to muffler and then 2.5 after muffler. Any help would be great, thanks! Oh and my truck is a '05 BTW.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Sorry about the thread reserection but I looked up the 12258 on Summit racing and it says single in dual out. does it matter which way it goes in/out?? I am looking to change my exhaust and can't decide if I want dual or single in but I am sure that I want a Magnaflow and probably 18" if they aren't to loud and to much drone. What do you guys think I should do? Also, I read on mightytitan that I should do 2.25 to muffler and then 2.5 after muffler. Any help would be great, thanks! Oh and my truck is a '05 BTW.
All Magnaflow mufflers are reversible. The dual 2.25" with a 2.5" single is the replacement when using existing stock piping.

·
Registered
363 Posts
All Magnaflow mufflers are reversible. The dual 2.25" with a 2.5" single is the replacement when using existing stock piping.
thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts