Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was searching the tire rack site and they list the Goodyear Wrangler SRA's in a E-rated tire. Does anyone here know what they look like? I like the sidewall design on the stock Wranglers, but hate the soft rubber compound of the P-rated construction.

I was also looking at the Silent Armors which are highly recommended on these forums, but the letters on the sidewall just say "wrangler" on them which looks kind of goofy IMO.

At any rate, I'm struggling between getting a slightly bigger tire that doesn't weigh too much more than the stockers, but has a more aggressive tread with an attractive sidewall design with white letters.

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
I went to a P rated Firestone Destination AT in a little bigger size. Good traction with the AT but not much heavier - couple pounds each, didn't notice the difference. I hated the SR-A's they were horrible in the snow. 1 pic with stock rims pre bedlined, 1 post bedlining.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to a P rated Firestone Destination AT in a little bigger size. Good traction with the AT but not much heavier - couple pounds each, didn't notice the difference. I hated the SR-A's they were horrible in the snow. 1 pic with stock rims pre bedlined, 1 post bedlining.
Nice! Those tires look sharp especially with the post bedlined wheels.

I'm leary of going with a P-rated tire again. I'm definitely leaning toward an E-rated tire with a more aggressive tread pattern.

I don't know, I guess I got used to the Goodyear Wrangler SRA sidewall design with the ribbed sides and how the white letters are arranged on the sidewall. Anything that looks different from them seems to look weird to me for some reason. lol!

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
They do make the Firestones in an E rated tire, they were quite a bit heavier, as with most E rated tires. I went back and forth on which one to go with, decided on the P. I was just real unhappy with the SR-A's traction, going up to a E rated SR-A would not have fixed the problem. Most tires in P rated vs. E rating look the same, just thicker sidewalls and a little deeper tread pattern. I did also like the Silent Armour's. Anoher difference is an E rated tire doesn't have a mileage warrantee while a P rated tire does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts