Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a simple question:
How do you remove the LOWER SIDE fasteners to get the grill out?
I can undo the 4 square head fasteners on top, the 3 on the bottom, and the TOP SIDE fasteners, but how to get to the 2 LOWER SIDE fasteners?

I've read where at this point some guys have just "popped" the grill out, with no harm to these fasteners?

Please advise -- I simply want to change my stock BLACK grill with a STOCK chrome grill.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well here is what I did lay on the ground use one hand to pull out on the front of the grill and use a screwdriver to carefully pry at the same time. that should work for you. When you put the new grill back in take all of the small fastners out of the sub frame on the truck and click them all into the new grill this will save you a major headache (which I found out :mad:). just snap back in and you are dialed in. :rockon

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BigJ said:
Well here is what I did lay on the ground use one hand to pull out on the front of the grill and use a screwdriver to carefully pry at the same time. that should work for you. When you put the new grill back in take all of the small fastners out of the sub frame on the truck and click them all into the new grill this will save you a major headache (which I found out :mad:). just snap back in and you are dialed in. :rockon
Thanks for the response! -- from the STICKY on the Grillcraft install, it says you must squeeze these connectors from the back side -- that would be great, if I could get to the backside of the lower fasteners -- there is absolutly no way to do that without removing a lot of other equipment in the way.

Just wondering what I'm missing on these lower 2 fasteners.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Wait my bad I forgot I loosened the inner fender liner (3 phillips) to get my arm up there with a small screw driver to carefull pry, while i used my other arm to pull on the grill.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BigJ said:
Wait my bad I forgot I loosened the inner fender liner (3 phillips) to get my arm up there with a small screw driver to carefull pry, while i used my other arm to pull on the grill.
Thanks again! I think we're making progress!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts