Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the stock radio 6 disk in dash changer. If you press the tune knob on the right it selects Bass, Mid and so on. However you can't make any adjustments. I brought it by the dealer and a tech came out and looked at it and told the service writer to order a new radio. He also was looking at my glove box and noticed that it is crooked. He had them order a new one of them also. I guess business is slow.

Anyone else have problems with their radios.

·
Registered
257 Posts
i haven't had that problem, but i did have to get a new radio due the the treble fading in and out. is it the Rockford fosgate system that you are having the problem with?

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Our radios are huge pieces of crap. You'll also notice that they all switch back and forth between stereo and mono at will and Nissan knows about it...has known about it since 04 and can't explain why they can't fix it. Good ole Panasonic crap for ya! Bring Clarion HUs back!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope the non Rockford one. I also noticed the speakers pop a louder volume. If noticed both when running Sirius or my Ipod.

·
Registered
105 Posts
We just posted this a few days ago. Other members were having similar issues. Just unhook your neg terminal for 1 min then rehookup and it will come alive again.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have an 07 with the RF system. No problems here.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Do you know if Nissan did any improvements to the RF system in the 2008 models? I ask because I have a 08 and for a stock system WOW! When I was in the Air Force I had a pretty good system. Infinity speakers, Rockford Fosgate 10" subs, Pioneer EQ with cross over, and a couple of amps.

Now this system does not hit as hard as that, but for a little 8" sub it will make my seat shake. Also I find the tweeters nice and crisp. I've had the volume turned up to 17 and no complaints here. I was wondering because most people think the RF system is crap.

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
My radio sucks big time but the RF 6- CD player w/ 8 speakers rock this truck !!!!

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
harland98 said:
Do you know if Nissan did any improvements to the RF system in the 2008 models? I ask because I have a 08 and for a stock system WOW! When I was in the Air Force I had a pretty good system. Infinity speakers, Rockford Fosgate 10" subs, Pioneer EQ with cross over, and a couple of amps.

Now this system does does hit as hard as that, but for a little 8" sub it will make my seat shake. Also I find the tweeters nice and crisp. I've had the volume turned up to 17 and no complaints here. I was wondering because most people think the RF system is crap.
Can't say for sure but....if you really want to hear an amazing system, go listen to the Armadas 265 watt digital BOSE set-up! We have the same system in the wifes 05 Quest and OMG...amazing!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Maybe Nissan did listen to some of the owners of the 04 - 07 models. My RF system is pretty amazing. If you know of someone with one, listen to it and tell me what you think comapred to your stock system.:futwice:

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
harland98 said:
Maybe Nissan did listen to some of the owners of the 04 - 07 models. My RF system is pretty amazing. If you know of someone with one, listen to it and tell me what you think comapred to your stock system.:futwice:
A step up from the middle of the road 6 CD in-dash of my SE but still trash compared to the Bose. I've heard them before and had the RF in my last Frontier SC.I still can't figure out why the Armada gets the good system while to rest of us get garbage.

·
Super Moderator
93,688 Posts
They probably figure truck owners don't care, which is unfortunate.

·
Super Moderator
93,688 Posts
I would also, the CD on the RF is ok but the radio is very poor.

·
Super Moderator
93,688 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Next time you're passing your local dealer, stop in asn listen to the digital Bose system in either the Armada or the Quest!
I'll stop by next week, I drive by there all the time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts