Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here! just bought a 2010 pro4x. has the RF system in it. Read the post about hooking up Line Converters to hook up an aftermarket sub and amp, but am a bit confused.

Can someone with a newer titan give me directions on what to do? so i actually NEED the line converters, or can i just splice the RCA plugs onto wires... if so, where and which color wires?

i have everything ready to install... just waiting on a 100% sure answer, b4 i start cutting wires :)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Basically, the LOC takes a speaker level signal and converts it to a line level signal. Im looking at the same process now for my '11 PRO4x. The type of signal that is currently going to the speaker is different from what you would get thru a pre-amp out on an aftermarket stereo.

The LOC splices into the speaker wires and removes all the parts of the signal your amp doesnt need. You then plug your RCAs into the LOC and voila!

Hope this helps. Im trying to track down the wiring diagrams for different year Ts. Ill repost here if I find them.

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
best buy installed the loc behind the head unit. i think they spliced in to any speaker wire? I have no idea....which is why best buy did that part of the install lol.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
wow....i just did my install yesterday with Beason.
you get your LOC to your factory sub.
you remove the sub. you hook the LOC both + on the LOC go to the Brown wire on the wiring harness for the sub
both - on the LOC go to the brown and white.
no need to open your head unit.
but you will need to remove your front seat to get the sub out.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
For oem RF system, LOC tapped in behind HU = very low level signal pre-oem RF amp. LOC tapped at oem subwoofer = speaker level post RF amp signal. Speaker outputs from oem HU to oem amp are fl, fr, rl and rr, no separate sub out.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
At the back of the oem RF head unit, the speaker output signals are limited to Front Left, Front Right, Rear Left and Rear Right. The separate subwoofer signal originates at the oem RF amp. So any crossover (and/or other processing of the subwoofer signal) happens in the amp. In contrast, many aftermarket head units have a separate subwoofer out at the back of the HU.

·
Registered
204 Posts
you remove the sub. you hook the LOC both + on the LOC go to the Brown wire on the wiring harness for the sub
I happened to look at that harness the other day... I noticed the brown and the brown/white you referred to... would you (or bestatchess) know what the other two wires in that harness are for? I believe they were black and white...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good info here, but i recently traded my 08 SE for a 11 Pro4x and I kept my polk audio speakers that i had in the SE. IS the Rockford Fosgate speakers better than my polks? I have a tech12 sub box with 2 10" JL's, jvc arsenal head unit, and a mono amp....ill probably get a 4 channel when i do the install for these in my 11 pro4x

·
Premium Member
15,691 Posts
IS the Rockford Fosgate speakers better than my polks?
No....

The "fosgate" speakers in the titans are nothing compared to real fosgate hardware.

Connecting the LOC to the factory sub harness works great. It is already a mono signal (meaning not stereo) which means you get all the bass without all the left-right fade of the song. this is why you can connect both channels of the LOC to the same wires on the harness. If you did this to say, one of the door speakers, you would only get that sides signal in the stereo spread.

You could connect all 4 wires on the stock sub harness, to the LOC, but you would just be wasting time, and parts.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Great info guys thanks....!!! So if adding after market subs to the OE RF system which LOC would you guys recommend for a nice clean signal? Maybe something with a built in remote turn on for the amp? I've been out of the audio trend for a bit now.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Can anyone confirm the the correct wire match ups for installing a PAC line out converter to the stock RF sub harness please. I see conflicting info bellow. Seems it should be reversed. Thanks..!!

For 2004:

BR/W Woofer +2
BR Woofer -2
B Woofer -1
W Woofer +1

So I am thinking it is a dual voice coil sub.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think I'm about 2 years late but just in case someone else comes across this it's
+ to brown wire under driver seat
- to brown/white wire under driver seat

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
You do not use a LOC with the Rockford system. You catch the line out behind the HU

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
No you only think it does. LOL
Not trying to sound like an a** but here is why..

The signal between the HU and Amp is the only place to catch full range clean signal and its already line level so a Loc there will drop the signal to low, After the OEM will be after the processor and crossover built into the amp. The amp has equalization built in for the OEM speakers which will not be desired for the aftermarket ones. Also if you tie into the sub output it is crossed over for the OEM sub which will not be correct for what you are adding, iand if you tie into the front or rear speakers they have a high passed crossover so you will not get all the subwoofer information you should.
Third, anytime you amplify a sidnal you get noise, so when you use a Loc after the amp you are reamplifing the noise from the Rockford amp.
Fourth. Why buy the LOC and waist the unnessary money.

Trust me, this information came from the engineer at Rockford that designed the system.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well using a LOC lead to me having subs without buying a aftermarket HU so instead it saved me at least 300, and I'm not saying your wrong but my sounds as clear as it did with the non-RF system. And I taped into the sub wiring and again sounds as clean and hardly any noise if any. Not as good as a aftermarket but good enough to where I don't need to upgrade my HU

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Do it right and it will sound as good as any aftermarket system or better

Reactions: DragginTat
1 - 20 of 43 Posts