Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to remove the sub and amp under the drivers seat. im sure its an easy removal, but has anyone done it? i dont want to get my seat off and then be SOL.. also is it time consuming? ii would like to be able to do it in my auto class (56 minutes)

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if pop out the amp will i still have power to the door speakers/ factory tweetrs? and what is in the middle of the dash? its like a little speaker on top of the dash

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Jonny Sock0 said:
if pop out the amp will i still have power to the door speakers/ factory tweetrs? and what is in the middle of the dash? its like a little speaker on top of the dash

Nope and the factory amp is a ***** to get to and remove. I mean I have been installing for 16 years and i just run new wires. Its way to much trouble to remove unless you are copperfield or chris i am freak of nature angel. And the factory sub can not be removed without removing the seat I have tried it and it will not come out without taking the seat completely loose.

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tech12 can i just take out the sub under the seat? im willing to take the seat off and then put it back on no big deal, but then will i have a bunch of wires running to nothing hanging out from under my chair? will i have any problems with the powerseat after i put it back on

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Jonny Sock0 said:
tech12 can i just take out the sub under the seat? im willing to take the seat off and then put it back on no big deal, but then will i have a bunch of wires running to nothing hanging out from under my chair? will i have any problems with the powerseat after i put it back on
No bro . Its just 4 wires. easy to hide. Just make sure you keep the bolts for sub and put them back in or you will have 3 holes in the floor for water to come in.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Tech, Do you make a unclosure that replaces the stock sub under the seat but can be used with the stock amp? What about for the passenger seat 2.

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alrit ill be sure to put the bolts back in. and i will second A-F on the enclosure under the seat!

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Jonny Sock0 said:
alrit ill be sure to put the bolts back in. and i will second A-F on the enclosure under the seat!

I have taken the factory sub enclosure apart and will be making one almost exactly the same as the factory but built much better

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
tech12volt said:
I have taken the factory sub enclosure apart and will be making one almost exactly the same as the factory but built much better

Let me know when you get one built. Do you have any plans to put anything under the passenger seat? I like my storag eunder the back seat and wanted to see if the same could be done with the passenger. Momma might like all the vibration under the seat.:rockon

·
Registered
940 Posts
tech12volt said:
This is what I've been hoping to see. Be sure to post info about. I'm in for one as soon as they are available.

·
Registered
940 Posts
AF-Medic said:
Let me know when you get one built. Do you have any plans to put anything under the passenger seat? I like my storag eunder the back seat and wanted to see if the same could be done with the passenger. Momma might like all the vibration under the seat.:rockon
Might be harder to do with no stock box for a mold. The shape of the floor on the passenger side is a little different, a little shallower.

·
Registered
682 Posts
i have another ? it there anyway to just unplug the factory sub and leave it under the seat w/ out taking the seat out?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Yeah, pretty easy to do. It is actually just a plug similar to any other on a car. The hardest part is getting it off (making sure you raise the locking clip thing high enough). For sub removal though, you can actually just unbolt the back two that go into the frame and torque up on the seat. Not suggested, but I did it once. I know, I know, stupid.

·
Registered
682 Posts
hey thanks. where is the plug located under the seat

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
towards the front left pillar, its the big blue lighted box, just take the seat off, its really really easy, and the work is much simpler.
i was able to take the seat off, take the sub out, and put the seat back on in 10 minutes..

the hardest part is getting the stupid bolt covers off the seat lol

·
Registered
682 Posts
would my stereo system sound better if i unplugged it? i have 2 10s under my rear seat

·
Registered
130 Posts
BlingAlong06 said:
would my stereo system sound better if i unplugged it? i have 2 10s under my rear seat
if you have the a LOC (Line out converter) and a box from tech in your truck, i'm surprised if you'll even be able to hear/feel the RF sub under your seat. My subs completely drown out the stock sub. (I should probably take mine out now that you bring it up.)

I only mention the LOC btw, because i cant turn the bass on the stock radio (RF) past -2 without my head hurting.:boxing:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yes you should remove the stock sub as all it does is add distortion to the music and muddy up the bass.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I actually kept mine in because of the family. I put in a rocker switch in place of one of the blanks by the "tow" button in front of the shifter. It interupts the remote on lead to the amp. My wife doesn't like me to bump out the 18 month old when we are driving around. I still like to have a little bass when they are in the car so I leave the stock one to do the job. Secretly, the my little girl loves the bass and whenever mom gets out of the car to go run in a store or something, we turn the volume down but increase the bass level through the stereo and she raises her finger in the air and moves it around like a conductor to the thumping. Priceless.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts