Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, i am the proud new owner of a 2007 4x4 Smoke SE Titan and so far am loving all the advice and help this site provides to dedicated Titan owners. I have only had my truck fro just over 3,000 miles and I am already itching to get this thing in the air, but I was only planning to start with the PRG mini lift. I know like everyone else on this site that the mini lift is only gonna hold me over until i get a bigger lift, and with already looking at pics of trucks with the 6" Pro Comp I am already considering skipping the mini lift and going straight to the six inch. My problem is though that with my current budget, I only would be able to afford the lift and not new bigger tires, let alone new rims.

So, are there any Titans out there with pics of the 6" lift with stock tires? How ridiculous would the truck look with the lift and stock tires for a few months? Is it worth it to do it now, or should I wait until i have enough for the whole package? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,802 Posts
There is a current thread right now from "thejosh" showing his smoke lifted Titan on stock 4x4 off road wheels
The name of the thred is"It was about time"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
I saw the pics of the 6" with stock tires/rims and I didn't think it looked too bad at all, tbh. But I realize my opinion is probably not the norm, as I am booked to get my 07 lifted 6" (Pro Comp) on the 10th, and everyone from service dept to strangers have said to put 315's on it. So I am going that route.

Out of curiosity, what's your lift running you $$? Mine is $4900 CDN, installed, and that includes longer mudflaps and fender flares. Tires are gonna run about $1600.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,004 Posts
My 6" Procomp was $1200 and my wheels/tires were $1400. Total of $2600+ for everything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the cheapest price I have found online for the Stage 1 Pro Comp lift kit has been 1,217 with free shipping. Now I am still debating whether to go the install myself route, or just let the pros do it so I don't have any warranty issues... I am almost kinda leaning towards taking it to my local nissan dealer, i know one of the guys in the service department, and see if they can help cut me a semi cheap deal for the install. This is the life they use on the No Fear Titan right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,004 Posts
mattchu09 said:
the cheapest price I have found online for the Stage 1 Pro Comp lift kit has been 1,217 with free shipping. Now I am still debating whether to go the install myself route, or just let the pros do it so I don't have any warranty issues... I am almost kinda leaning towards taking it to my local nissan dealer, i know one of the guys in the service department, and see if they can help cut me a semi cheap deal for the install. This is the life they use on the No Fear Titan right?

I'm not certain of your mechanical knowledge, but if you have enough that you would feel confident in changing the wheel hub/bearing you should be able to tackle this yourself. It is a 2-man job and it took me about 10 hours and that was taking my time. I also had problems with seperating the stock spindle/hub. That added some extra time as well.

The No Fear Titan has the Pro Comp Stage 2 kit. You are farther ahead going with the Stage 1 and uprgading to some aftermarket coilovers from PRG.

Here is a picture of my 6" Stage 1 lift with stock tires...


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
man thanks for the pics i appreciate that, and i still can't decide whether i want to slap that lift on their with only stock rubber. How much more would a set of four of something like some Nitto tires run? Anyone have a ballpark figure? I am thinking about maybe the 600-800 dollar range for set of like 35" tires....am i way off here? Anyone had the install done at a Nissan dealership? If so, how much did they get you for the install?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Your not the only one. As soon as I get the $1100 for a Pro Comp 6" stg 1, Im on it. Ill get tires when I can! Check out ebay for the lift kit, and good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
841 Posts
stroker87 said:
Your not the only one. As soon as I get the $1100 for a Pro Comp 6" stg 1, Im on it. Ill get tires when I can! Check out ebay for the lift kit, and good luck!

Watch out for the ebay ones. They can rape you on the shipping. Call 4 wheel parts and they will beat the lowest price on the net by 10%
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
bigjimbo said:
Watch out for the ebay ones. They can rape you on the shipping. Call 4 wheel parts and they will beat the lowest price on the net by 10%
I was gonna try their price match when I had the dough, thanks!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
841 Posts
stroker87 said:
I was gonna try their price match when I had the dough, thanks!:D

No problem. I think I paid 1275 for mine shipped through 4WP. I got a package deal, the PC Stage 1 lift, 35" Mud Grapplers and the banks exhaust for just under 3k shipped from CA to FL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
i personaly am not too fond of the stock tires w/ lift....im holding off untill i can get wheels and everything else at oce..(better pricing if i buy it all at the same time) plus it gives me tome to figure out exactly what i want...id say at LEAST get new tires....even if its something cheap like kumho AT's, they will hold you over for a while and when you get your new wheels and new tires you didnt spend a fortune to hold you over.....if that makes sence.

NICK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
where the hell are you guys finding these prices. I have been all over the internet and to foreign counties looking for the cheapest pro comp lift and the cheapest i have found is 1400 w free shipping. PLEASE FELLAS post sources with these bangin *** deals!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Tightan750 said:
where the hell are you guys finding these prices. I have been all over the internet and to foreign counties looking for the cheapest pro comp lift and the cheapest i have found is 1400 w free shipping. PLEASE FELLAS post sources with these bangin *** deals!!!
Check out ebay LIFT KIT KINGS. $1176.00 plus $145.00 ship to 46221. He told me if I call him directly, he would knock off $75.00. That verbal quote probably wont fly with 4wheelparts price match. good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
alright so i have been talking with a member on the site about purchasing a mini lift kit and some new tires to go with, the tires are 34.5" tall will they fit under a mini lift without rubbing on my stock 17" wheels from my SE?
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top