Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Folks, just simply sharing my personal experience and honest opinion with this topic of exhaust modifications that i have made on my 2017 Pro4X. Certainly not seeking any debates and I realize there is a million performance modifications that could be made pertaining to the exhaust including headers, pipe diameter, etc... My intentions was to keep it simple and keep it real to obtain what i was looking for. My purpose of this thread is to share my opinion on the topic in an effort to aid others if deciding to do the same.

Factory "Y" Pipe - Good
Tru Dual - Better
Tru Dual with X Pipe - Best (on all levels) at least my set up was

So, I removed my factory Y pipe and had a tru dual exhaust system installed with independent mufflers running on each pipe as indicated in photo. I liked this over the Y pipe, but was much louder and appeared to have a noticeable bottom end torque reduction. This was noticed when towing my boat.

I then added an X Pipe which made a huge difference ironing out, balancing and reducing the overall exhaust note at all speeds. Much quieter in the cabin. For me, it was exactly what I was looking for. Still maintain that nice dual exhaust note, but almost equivalent to the factory Y pipe. Some say an X Pipe does not alter the sound much, I beg to differ. The gargle and aggressiveness was tamed to my liking and over all cabin noise was greatly reduced. As for the torque, I personally noticed a huge difference out of the gate (bottom end). Much less hesitation and appears to moving air much more efficiently allowing my engine to exhale much easier than the tru dual alone.

Anyways, best decision I have made. Like most of you, I was debating and hesitant of adding an X Pipe to my system, but I am so glad I did. Makes a world of difference to me. IMO. Gives me the look, sound and performance i was looking for.

Hope this helps folks.

Cheers
Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 6.50.06 AM.png

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey I'm looking at doing something very similar to my '19 pro4 too. Can you upload a sound clip? What type of muffler are you running? Chambered, turbo, or glasspack?

I'm leaning towards Hooker Max's and a Flowmaster X.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looking at his pics. I can definitely tell you he has a molded x pipe. These are retail items and flow really very well.

Take a look at Flowmaster x pipes and you will be super happy.

They reduce some of the popping and crackling as it equalizes pressure pulses between the both pipes.

It also helps with the scavenging so you should feel an improvement in performance across all rpms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Irrelevant.farms is correct. The x-pipe is manufactured and purchased. Pretty generic part. As for my muffler type or make, honestly not sure. They were installed for me. I would have to take a closer look.
As for the any reduced popping and crackling, I didn't have much of that occurring previously with my straight dual system, but it certainly has tamed it out. Very tolerable. I don't presently have a sound bite to share, but to compare it to something, it pretty much sounds like the Tundra TRD Pro factory dual system. A bit more aggressive and louder, but not much more.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Irrelevant.farms is correct. The x-pipe is manufactured and purchased. Pretty generic part. As for my muffler type or make, honestly not sure. They were installed for me. I would have to take a closer look.
As for the any reduced popping and crackling, I didn't have much of that occurring previously with my straight dual system, but it certainly has tamed it out. Very tolerable. I don't presently have a sound bite to share, but to compare it to something, it pretty much sounds like the Tundra TRD Pro factory dual system. A bit more aggressive and louder, but not much more.

Hope this helps.
Awesome, thank you and more informative than you realize.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts