Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, last night I took my wife out to see a movie. BTW, Just Go With It is a hilarious movie! I got out to my Titan at about 9:30 after the movie and noticed I had a business card on my drivers side window from my towns police dept. I immediately searched my truck to see if someone had hit me, but instead I saw that some jackass had stole my freakin rear bumper! In the middle of a busy parking lot, somehow a hispanic guy unbolted my rear bumper and took off with it. I have a case number, but the police have no real leads. They know what he was driving, but didn't get a plate number. People these days piss me off! I guess I can file it under my insurance, but I'm afraid it will make my payments increase. Anybody know of anyone selling a chrome rear bumper?

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
That sucks!! Tail gates were a hot ticket item for thieves, I think they were scrapping them. I had my rear bumper replaced after I got hit and if I remember right it was $260 for the bumper.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Well, last night I took my wife out to see a movie. BTW, Just Go With It is a hilarious movie! I got out to my Titan at about 9:30 after the movie and noticed I had a business card on my drivers side window from my towns police dept. I immediately searched my truck to see if someone had hit me, but instead I saw that some jackass had stole my freakin rear bumper! In the middle of a busy parking lot, somehow a hispanic guy unbolted my rear bumper and took off with it. I have a case number, but the police have no real leads. They know what he was driving, but didn't get a plate number. People these days piss me off! I guess I can file it under my insurance, but I'm afraid it will make my payments increase. Anybody know of anyone selling a chrome rear bumper?
wow...who thinks to steal a bumper!? i would like to know how he got it off so fast that nobody saw him. that sucks to hear but it could have been worse

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry to hear about that! That sucks! Check out car-part.com to find you a good one from a salvage yard. That is the salvage yard dealer network online and anyone can search it. A good bumper from a newer wrecked-in-the-front truck is much better than a cheap replacement from a collision parts house. HTH.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shane, where did you pay $260 for a bumper? Was it chrome?

·
Registered
256 Posts
LMAO!..... sorry about that. But, its shocking how pathetic people are thou

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, it was amazing to me too that he got away with it without anyone realizing what he was doing. I mean, taking off a bumper isn't easy as a one man job. I guess I should feel lucky that he left my bolts laying on the ground............. I haven't been that pissed off in a loooooooong time. It's that kind of pissed off that almost makes you not want to find out who did it if you know what I mean

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Would have been nice to catch him in the act, crouched down fumbling with the bolts, only to look up just in time to see the 70 yd. field goal attempt.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
That's impressive seeing as I couldn't even figure out how to get my bumper off when I bedlined mine... I feel really stupid now lol. I hope they catch the little b*stard

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yea, i had to replace my chrome one after i had a misunderstanding with a hydro pole....cost close to 700$ instaled

Still have the original, has a ding in it obviously, and the holes for the sensors. Let me know if you'd be interested, it would probably be pretty expensive to ship from up here to you tho.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I would sell you mine, it's not chrome but it would work! don't know how much of a hassle it would be to ship though. I want a stillen roll pan

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, the local newspaper put a write up about what happened and what the guy looked like and what car he drove. Maybe something will come of it, but I highly doubt it. Nobody I've talked to has ever heard of a bumper being stolen. I guess I'm just the lucky one! LOL

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Dam they must be good! I couldn't even get mine off when I wanted to paint it haha

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Check Craigslist... It'll be F/S in a few weeks... set up the buy then beat the tar outta him with it while the cops are on the way "Officer, I just used the neccessary force to prevent him from escaping and defended myself...and want him arrested for possession of stolen property too..."

·
Registered
893 Posts
Geez....Hispanics have a lot of nerve for such short people! lol
i wish all of them were short, im the shortest in my fam.. :-\.. my cousins are all over 6'3..

i honestly believe it was a meth head that saw a quick buck in a shinny bumper

Reactions: d0va

·
Registered
69 Posts
I personally think that stealing any vehicle or part of one is equivalent to western day horse thievery and should be punished as such....hang the son-of-a-***** high for every thief to see.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts